wipe out

pete#AC

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
:(Hello, I have a s3. Had rooted once. Worked great until 4.3 updated. Phone got uprooted. Wiped out completely on purpose. Not reset, but rom. All that comes on now is Samsung logo. My question is. Can a new rom be installed after wiped out? Phone not rooted anymore. Thanks.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
:(Hello, I have a s3. Had rooted once. Worked great until 4.3 updated. Phone got uprooted. Wiped out completely on purpose. Not reset, but rom. All that comes on now is Samsung logo. My question is. Can a new rom be installed after wiped out? Phone not rooted anymore. Thanks.

If you can put it to Download mode then ok. Just get latest official ROM from sammobile.com and use Odin 3.0.7 to flash it.
I stopped playing with custom ROMs as got nothing but problems (damaged IMEI, no signal etc).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I had that happen to my Note 3 - an OTA update wiped it out (because the battery died during the update and their software makes Hoover look bad). I complained. I screamed (not literally.) Because there were no refurbs yet, they replaced the phone with a new one.

You break my phone, you own my phone, whether you're the kid down the block or Cingular (who actually owns the AT&T Mobility trademark).

With the S3 with the 4.3 update you might not find it so easy to flash a ROM, not even the stock ROM. It depends on the carrier. (AT&T and Verizon have locked bootloaders. And they all have Fort Knox.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid