Which Droid to pick?

s4bill

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am getting a droid for my daughter for her 16th birthday.

She has been looking at the Droid 2 and the Droid X.

How do these compare to the other droid models?

I imagine some of it is a matter of preference and opinion but should be looking at a different model and if so - why?

Besides the keyboard how do these 2 models compare?

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Droid 2 has the most recent update, 2.2 while the droid x is still waiting for it. I prefer the X because of the screen size and its feel. It feels solid and is pretty thin. I think it helps that it does not have any moving parts like the droid 2. I'm not sure about comparing battery life, but as far as I've seen the x is faster. Hope this helps.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I imagine some of it is a matter of preference and opinion but should be looking at a different model and if so - why?
It's a matter of preference in all cases. Finding the right smartphone is always about matching the device to the needs/wants of the user. Features are only beneficial if the user finds them to be beneficial. Without knowing what your daughter wants/needs it's a bit pointless to make recommendations.

JTDavis86

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I would say the Droid 2 just because it has a full keyboard plus a touch screen, also it is smaller in size.

Sent from my DROID INCREDIBLE using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the incredible and love it. I know you didn't mention it, but HTC Sense is much better than motorola's interface.

+1....but the D2 has a better battery.
If she wants the iphone experience, the DINC or the X. If you think that she would want a keyboard, the D2...

For her birthday, just put a photo of each one in a card with a box.
Give her a marker and let her check mark the one she wants :)

Then go with her to the store and pick it up or order it online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol