Need an answer fast. DNA or Nexus 5

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello All (first thread, first post),
I need a quick answer if I can get one :) My DNA's screen broke, and I LOVE the design of the DNA; however, I am curious if there is ANY reason for me to upgrade to the Nexus 5? The OS updates are about the only thing I'm seeing as a good reason for me to upgrade. I understand this is a subjective question, but I'd like objective answers, and then I'll go from there. If the Nexus 5 had an IR Blaster, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Considering my DNA is broken, I have two options (gotta be off plan), I can get a like-new clean esn DNA for $190 or of course the Nexus 5 for $350. Which should I go with and why? Speed wasn't a problem on the DNA, so I can't see that being an "improvement" and I'm not app crazy :p I'm buying in a few hours, so fast answers are REALLY appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Crap... the Nexus 5 isn't Verizon compatible? I think I answered my own question... Then let me ask another question, what nice *Verizon* phones have IR Blasters... I'm gonna have to look at the used market likely :-/

cctpitts01

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
May I ask why your options are either the Nexus 5 or DNA? The Nexus 5 being a newer device compared to the DNA being an older device?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
LGG2, Htc One and S4 have TV remotes on them. I think the Note 3 as well

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, was considering the g2. I LOVE the build quality and true edge-to-edge glass of the DNA, and the power port cover considering I'll be using QI, so no port showing to get dirty. I'm buying used, so the S4 isn't all that reasonable in pricing, and am not tooooo fond of Samsung's plastics, great on duribility and functionality, just don't really like the aesthetics.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, was considering the g2. I LOVE the build quality and true edge-to-edge glass of the DNA, and the power port cover considering I'll be using QI, so no port showing to get dirty. I'm buying used, so the S4 isn't all that reasonable in pricing, and am not tooooo fond of Samsung's plastics, great on duribility and functionality, just don't really like the aesthetics.

I just bought the G2 last week for my daughter. Fantastic phone

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, answered your own question. Unfortunately, Nexus 5 is not on Verizon. If there is no other Verizon phone to meet your needs then get another DNA. Otherwise, consider a Moto X if you can find it at a good price. It's a great phone and comparable (depending on who you ask it's better) than the Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
G2 has a lot of the same hardware as the Nexus 5, with the added benefit of a longer-lasting battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante