Need help resolving an annoying issue

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Rezound and for a few months I have been experiencing problems with my touchscreen but got worse around December.

To explain it as best I can, the phone registers touches and I check off the option to see where it is registering a touch. When I touch the middle of the phone I should see a white circle at point A for example, but it registers point B & C right above and below point A(instead on the touch its around the touch). This happens at the middle part of the phone from left to right. At first it only happened at the times I tried to restart my phone but now it happens all the time.

On some occasions, don't know how but it get's fixed! but it lasts from > a minute to a day or two. Unfortunately i have to rely on these chances as restarting,turning off and on,taking out the battery and even running down the battery(wasting it till 0%) have stopped working.

Now my contract is up around the end of march but sometimes I can't even use the phone as it resisters a touch and hold preventing me from even unlocking the phone. Also due to some ****** at Verizon we have no insurance on our phones.What can I do?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Rezound and for a few months I have been experiencing problems with my touchscreen but got worse around December.

To explain it as best I can, the phone registers touches and I check off the option to see where it is registering a touch. When I touch the middle of the phone I should see a white circle at point A for example, but it registers point B & C right above and below point A(instead on the touch its around the touch). This happens at the middle part of the phone from left to right. At first it only happened at the times I tried to restart my phone but now it happens all the time.

On some occasions, don't know how but it get's fixed! but it lasts from > a minute to a day or two. Unfortunately i have to rely on these chances as restarting,turning off and on,taking out the battery and even running down the battery(wasting it till 0%) have stopped working.

Now my contract is up around the end of march but sometimes I can't even use the phone as it resisters a touch and hold preventing me from even unlocking the phone. Also due to some ****** at Verizon we have no insurance on our phones.What can I do?

Have you thought of doing a prepaid phone for those couple months?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ultimately, you might want to do a full factory data reset. In the meantime, you could see if a cache partition wipe is possible, which can clear out potentially problematic leftover system data. No personal data or settings are lost. I can't guarantee this will work, because I have seen conflicting information on the web about whether the wipe cache partition function is available on the Rezound without a custom recovery installed. I got this from macpro88 on this thread over at DroidForums.net:

"This must be done after pulling the battery! If you do not pull the battery, you will boot up normally.
-Hold down Volume Down Button + Power Button long enough to boot to HBOOT.
-If you booted up normally right away, you did not pull the battery or are probably connected via USB.

Use the volume buttons to scroll and the power selects your option.

If selected stock recovery:-Wait for stock recovery to boot (wait for red triangle with explanation point), once loaded, volume up button + power button will bring up stock recovery menu
-Use volume buttons to scroll, power button to select option.
-If you see an option for "wipe cache partition," select it and press Power to execute.
-Once that is done, select "reboot system now" and press Power to execute."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bummer. Grasping at straws, now--make sure the screen is completely clean. On my old Droid Incredible, I seem to remember occasional weird screen hiccups that would improve if I gave the screen a really thorough wipedown with a microfiber cloth. It was probably just my imagination, but won't hurt to try.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
In the meantime, you could see if a cache partition wipe is possible, which can clear out potentially problematic leftover system data. No personal data or settings are lost. I can't guarantee this will work, because I have seen conflicting information on the web about whether the wipe cache partition function is available on the Rezound without a custom recovery installed. I got this from macpro88 on this thread over at DroidForums.net:

"This must be done after pulling the battery! If you do not pull the battery, you will boot up normally.
-Hold down Volume Down Button + Power Button long enough to boot to HBOOT.
-If you booted up normally right away, you did not pull the battery or are probably connected via USB.

Use the volume buttons to scroll and the power selects your option.

If selected stock recovery:-Wait for stock recovery to boot (wait for red triangle with explanation point), once loaded, volume up button + power button will bring up stock recovery menu
-Use volume buttons to scroll, power button to select option.
-If you see an option for "wipe cache partition," select it and press Power to execute.
-Once that is done, select "reboot system now" and press Power to execute."

Did it but either it didnt work or whatever this fixes is not the problem

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed when conveniently its low on battery(15% and lower)all the touchscreen problem go away

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo