Switch From iPhone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

jackalpl0w

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Andriod Community,

I read that many people in my situation can't text/ receive messages with iphone because of the tricky iMessage.
But my friend's iphone 4s cannot receive 20-50% of my texts, could it be a network issue? (I am with Wind Canada)
My old Iphone 4s' mother board was dead so ofcourse I did not turn off iMessage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switch From Iphone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

Hi Andriod Community,

I read that many people in my situation can't text/ receive messages with iphone because of the tricky iMessage.
But my friend's iphone 4s cannot receive 20-50% of my texts, could it be a network issue? (I am with Wind Canada)
My old Iphone 4s' mother board was dead so ofcourse I did not turn off iMessage.

Welcome to the forums and Android.
The whole iMessage debacle is probably most of the problem. I think there is a way to remove your number from iMessage, but I am not totally sure.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switch From Iphone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

It's most likely an iMessage conflict. Try your carrier to see if they can temporarily put an iPhone on your number so you can remove your phone from iMessage.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Andriod Community,

You can possibly log out of iMessage via Apple if you registered the device. Take a look at this forum and see if the solution posted helps you: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4005864?tstart=0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol