Apps and games restart on their own.

KevinB09

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. so recently a few of my apps and games just restart on their own while im busy. one app for example is autocad 360, when i view one of drawings and then go back to see a list of drawings it will restart, so therefor the only way i can change drawings is to let keep restarting, which is a pain. as for the games just 2 examples angry birds and fruit ninja, after i have completed a level or round the games restart and i then i have to go select the next level i just unlocked. this is a real pain and need to get this sorted.
this is what i have tried so far, i have searched for and removed all viruses. i have restarted the phone and pulled the battery.
i have a galaxy s3 with android 4.1.2.
any help will be appreciated.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had the phone? Sometimes if the digitizer is wet or damaged (or old or crappy) apps start on their own (the screen may be registering taps on things you're working with as taps on other icons or closed apps).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
One thing to try is to clear the caches on each app that's starting on its own, plus reset app preferences in Settings, Apps.

KevinB09

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
i have had the phone for almost a year now. sounds bad. if it is the digitizer what can be done about it? the phone did get some water on it when it rained the one day and i got caught it in it. hope its not that. i have cleared the cache, problem is still there.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It may not help, but try resetting app preferences. Settings, apps, tap the three dots, reset preferences. (It works for a few different problems but not necessarily this one.)

KevinB09

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
reset app preferences, all my games that were reseting seem ok for now. autocad however is still restarting after i close a drawing.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
OK, that's good. Maybe it will be fine, but even if they start opening again, the phone is still usable. I have an inexpensive phone which has done that since I had it, but it doesn't open things all the time. It still works fine, otherwise.

When you close an app and don't need it for the time being, swipe it out of "recently used" too. Maybe that would also help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
the phone is usable but will be very annoying. thanks for the help.

Try factory reset. Be sure to backup your data before doing so and see if it fixes or improves the problem - hopefully it does.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay