Hi,

i have a Kurio 10 Tablet which im trying to get google play store installed on, ive tried downloading the apk and transferring it over from a computer but it doesnt load after installation

thanks
    01-13-2014 03:44 PM
    Hi,

i have a Kurio 10 Tablet which im trying to get google play store installed on, ive tried downloading the apk and transferring it over from a computer but it doesnt load after installation

thanks
    Did the device not come with the Play Store installed? You can download and install the Amazon App store if it didn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-13-2014 06:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices are certified to work with Google Play. If it didn't come preinstalled, then chances are it won't be compatible. You could try going to this site (com.android.vending-4.5.10.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device) and downloading the Google Play Store 4.5.10 apk file directly to your tablet, then going to the Downloads shortcut and tapping that download to try to install. If you're trying to install an .apk file, make sure you go to Settings>Security, and make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked. If that doesn't work, then I think you're stuck with other 3rd party app stores like Amazon Appstore as mentioned by srkmagnus.

By the way, in order to install Amazon Appstore, first make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked, as mentioned above. Then on your tablet browser, go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp, and follow the download instructions. Then go to the Downloads shortcut and tap the Amazon Appstore apk file, and it will install.
    01-13-2014 09:35 PM