Faster widget searching?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to quickly search through widgets, as oppose to scrolling through a dozen pages?

I see a couple apps on the app store, any you like best? <- those were all widgets that help search, not searches for widgets. :p!!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might try Nova Launcher Prime. It's the paid version, but it allows you to create folders within the App Drawer and group app together--however, I'm not sure if you can create folders within the Widgets section of the App Drawer. If you can, then you could categorize your Widgets, and therefore look through them a little more easily.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Adw launcher sorts them by app, best launcher out there.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

I'll check it out. So you mean lets say i have 15 apps that have widgets, instead of going through 26 pages featuring every widget by every app it'll have 15 and then upon some action you can choose which widget by that app?

hunterk11

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'll check it out. So you mean lets say i have 15 apps that have widgets, instead of going through 26 pages featuring every widget by every app it'll have 15 and then upon some action you can choose which widget by that app?

Depending on your android version, I'm assuming ICS or jelly yes. There will be tabs with the first tab being everything then there will be a tab for every app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Depending on your android version, I'm assuming ICS or jelly yes. There will be tabs with the first tab being everything then there will be a tab for every app

Lost. lol. I downloaded it, i click on apps, i have a choice of "all". and that's all i see.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Read the how to don't just assume you know how it works, long press the home screen.

Def. wasn't assuming, i know i have no idea how it works. lol. I can't even find the "how", but i'll keep looking. Humor me with one thing. I found the adw config, then move over to the ‘add’ tab, then there’s a widget box, and that has the tabs. V. nice. Can I put that thing on the homescreen? I tried looking around but it’s escaping me.

hunterk11

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Def. wasn't assuming, i know i have no idea how it works. lol. I can't even find the "how", but i'll keep looking. Humor me with one thing. I found the adw config, then move over to the ?add? tab, then there?s a widget box, and that has the tabs. V. nice. Can I put that thing on the homescreen? I tried looking around but it?s escaping me.

What thing? The menu? It may be under. Longpress\add\launcher actions

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
What thing? The menu? It may be under. Longpress\add\launcher actions

the widget box that you press right before you go into tabs. I can get the config box on the home screen. But that might do if i can't get the widget thing up. At least it's only 2 extra presses to get to the widget box, that with tabs plus the vertical continuous scroll so much better than the 26 pages of horizontal scrolling and carpal tunnel. lol. Thanks! ill keep looking to throw the widget box up there, if not, I'll live. THanks!

Last edited:

hunterk11

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
the widget box that you press right before you go into tabs. I can get the config box on the home screen. But that might do if i can't get the widget thing up. At least it's only 2 extra presses to get to the widget box, that plus the vertical scroll so much better than the 26 pages of scrolling and carpal tunnel. lol. Thanks! ill keep looking to throw the widget box up there, if not, I'll live. THanks!

Anytime, its a great launcher

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It would be so beautiful and perfect if something like this could be made either just for widgets or to at least include widgets (which this does not)...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=name.pilgr.appdialer&hl=en&token=4I89CBVF

Would that be too hard to do for some reason?
Just for your future knowledge, no, not hard. But most app developers develop what they need. If I need an app to monitor my weight, I write an app to do it. Then I release the app in the Play store. But I'm not going to add monitoring my toe length also. (You get the idea - I'm just making up functions.) IOW. contrary to popular belief, devs do have lives. I've been trying to set up one desktop and write one app since March. And I'm retired. If I had to punch a clock I wouldn't even fantasize about writing an app. There's just too much to do. (It only took me 3 months to find the time to write a notepad-type app - which took 10 minutes to write.)

So no, it's not difficult. It just gets put on a very back burner. If I live long enough you may see some of my apps in the Play store, but getting out of bed every morning takes half a day's work at my age. (And if the dev is 15, and there's one pretty girl left in the world, he has no time either.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01