Sprint Galaxy S4 no root access help?

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So, I have a sprint galaxy s4 (SPH-L720)
BUILD # JSS15J.L720VPUEMK2 ANDROID:4.3

I went through odin v.3 the (COM) spot was lite blue not yellow idk if that matters but it passed and installed cwm custom recovery just like it should, I then installed superuser.zip onto my .sd card and went into custom recover and installed superuser file. the only thing wrong I sawe there is that it failed to verify the signatures? but other than that it said successful/pass all that good stuff and when I turned my phone on and checked the root status it says no root access and superuser not found!!!
Now this is not the first time ive rooted a phone, im no expert by any means but I have successfully rooted and flashed roms to many gs4's with the same computer/odin version/root files... anybody have any tips or ideas advice anything would help really... I need to get free hotspot going for a trip im going on in my rv and want to bring my xbox along to play online. also I do apologize if I posted in the wrong spot or did something else wrong im completely new to forums besides reading them..

thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: sprint galaxy s4 no root access help?

So, I have a sprint galaxy s4 (SPH-L720)
BUILD # JSS15J.L720VPUEMK2 ANDROID:4.3

I went through odin v.3 the (COM) spot was lite blue not yellow idk if that matters but it passed and installed cwm custom recovery just like it should, I then installed superuser.zip onto my .sd card and went into custom recover and installed superuser file. the only thing wrong I sawe there is that it failed to verify the signatures? but other than that it said successful/pass all that good stuff and when I turned my phone on and checked the root status it says no root access and superuser not found!!!
Now this is not the first time ive rooted a phone, im no expert by any means but I have successfully rooted and flashed roms to many gs4's with the same computer/odin version/root files... anybody have any tips or ideas advice anything would help really... I need to get free hotspot going for a trip im going on in my rv and want to bring my xbox along to play online. also I do apologize if I posted in the wrong spot or did something else wrong im completely new to forums besides reading them..

thanks!!!
As far as I know, there is no way to install a custom recovery successfully on 4.3 yet :-\
You also can't downgrade from 4.3, so you might be out of luck for now :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: sprint galaxy s4 no root access help?

Second, there are many free hotspot (or tethering - same thing) apps in the Play store that don't require root.

Third, some carriers don't allow tethering and there's nothing, rooted or not, that you can do to get around that. Try a non-root tethering app. If that works, you're in business. If it doesn't, nothing will. (At least not in that direction - computers connected to the internet through your phone.)