Samsung G S3 screen is blackout but works... need help Pleasee

dgrichte

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So I woke up this morning and my phone screen will not turn on. I know the phone works because the LED light will come on showing a text message and I can plug my phone into my computer and transfer music/photos. I was wondering if there was any way I could fix this? Or at the very least, use my computer to look at my text messages which are kind of important.

I have already tried taking out the battery with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like a screen failure. Probably best to take it to a cellphone repair store and get an estimate, unless you have insurance or the phone is still under warranty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What wireless company do you use? I think some of them allow you to view messages on their webpage if you log in with your account. I know that with Verizon, you can send text messages from an interface on their webpage, but I can't remember if you can read any incoming messages.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can pull your texts off if you've already set the phone up for that. You might try going to the Play store on your computer and installing MyPhoneExplorer. Then install the PC side on your computer. If they link up you can pull off files, contacts. texts, etc. You can even run a remote screen to the phone and run apps, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463