option to change system sound removed in 4.1.2?

confussled

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I've just upgrade my S2 from andriod 2.3ish to 4.1.2. Before doing so I changed the default system sound to that droplet sound (in the normal settings view, no root, nothing special with this phone) but now I've upgraded the 'normal' setting to change 'system sound' has gone. ;(
Have they really just scrapped that option??

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the S2 any longer, but can you not go into sounds and adjust the various Sound levels and tones? Or, are you referring to overall system sounds, like when you press a menu option within the device settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the S2 any longer, but can you not go into sounds and adjust the various Sound levels and tones? Or, are you referring to overall system sounds, like when you press a menu option within the device settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

No, the System sound is a unique sound channel on Android. But in KitKat it is integrated with the Call channel so you can no longer manually set it, you can try but it will change the Call volume as well since they are one.

You can use the app Quick Settings or Light Flow to change the System volume.

sent via tapatalk

confussled

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
the sounds settings pages has a volume settings page which still has a separate volume setting for 'system' (next to media, call and notifications) but on the settings page itself only 'call' and 'notifications' are mentioned to change tones, not system. (not sure about the correct names since I've got a Dutch version)

So I'm basically just looking for a way to change the tone of the system sound. If an app would do the trick, that's ok, as long as the tone doesn't revert after removing the app again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke