Problem with Viber 4.2

usdima

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with Viber 4.2 on Android 4.4.2 Samsung / Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition.

Viber 4.2 crashes while trying making the call (crash happens when other party answers) or while receiving the call (in the moment of answer). Also, Viber crashes while changing some options in Settings. For example, changing Settings->Privacy->Collect analytics crashes Viber. Uninstall/Reinstall/reboot device does not help. Downgrade to Viber 4.1 (still available on Viber web site) solved the problem but Viber 4.2 has new interesting options (block list, ring tone selection), so, I would like to use Viber 4.2 (but without these critical bugs).

Same problem was listed on other board (Moto G phone / Android 4.4.2).

Does anybody have the same problem and if so, what's your phone and Android version?

chiavega

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had issues with VIBER for a few months.
While working in background the phone occasionally gives me the error msg: "Your VIBER had a problem. Send Report/OK"
I always send the report. There are days when that happens up to some 10 times.
My phone is a Galaxy S3, Android V 4.1.2, and VIBER V 4.2.0. My internet is AT&T 4G LTE . I have seen it happen also while connected by WiFi
Any comments / suggestions ?

syshah

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have exactly the same problem that you describe; Viber 4.2.0 / Android 4.4.2 on a Motorola Moto G.
Logged a ticket with Viber Support and waiting to see what happens.
-Sy

usdima

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
To ViberTeam: Look into feedbacks in Google Play Store: crashes and call disconnects were introduced in last update for variety of devices. You should temporary block ver. 4.2 in Google Play for at least some devices.

help! it was a great app until just yesterday, my whole family's viber crashed! none of us could pick up incoming calls or even make calls! we asked our other friends to check if theirs was working and it wasnt! please help! oh and also sometimes if im getting an incoming call, the whole screen just turns black and I am unable to do anything but restart my phone! the same thing has been happening with my mum! please help me! if this is fixed then 5 stars!
Crashing This app always crash in my HTC one v. Last update crashes in Sony xperia also.
Installed on recently purchased Motorola MotoG. Worked ok at the start, now crashes when making or receiving calls & recording voice msg. Reinstalled from scratch but still the same. Pls sort as I use a lot!
Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 After latest update same like skype now the skin is beautiful but call is cheap now always cut when u call someone when they accept call failed when u call someone they accept the call failed and drop the call

G_Rai

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Viber 4.2 keeps on crashing if I try to pic up a call or the person being called pics the call.
Its happening from last week...I don't know if there was any resent update.Can this issue be looked at.
Device: MOTO G

Dane Noro

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for listing a link to 4.1 Viber is really pretty terrible for not including easy to access links to older versions. They're literally stopping people from using the app if there is any problems.

usdima

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I confirm that original problem has been solved. Update your Viber via Google Play. No more crashes while placing or receiving the call.

Gulmina Khan

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
iam having problem with my viber 4.2.0 on Xperia p ...it gets disconnected again and again while calling or texting ..why so much bugs in this new update ,it was okay with old updates but now this problem .please i need solution of it..i have already uninstalled and reinstalled but not done

Thulasya

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
in my nexus 4, Viber is terrible. Other side hear me as a un-human voice (like robotic sound). Also echo and many sound in background

btodorova

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I can not use my Viber! It's written Dissconected all day!!! What's up? Please help!!! I use Samsung Galaxy S3, until now I've never had problems with Viber! Please help!!!

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I can not use my Viber! It's written Dissconected all day!!! What's up? Please help!!! I use Samsung Galaxy S3, until now I've never had problems with Viber! Please help!!!

I haven't noticed any problems with my Viber 4.3. Maybe your problem is/was caused by a Viber server in your neck of the woods. And in that case it's likely only temporary. Do you still have that problem? Then I would see if uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling Viber helps.

Edralyn76

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Im having troubles with my in and out going calls on viber other application and regular call are still good.except with viber. been two weeks now having hard time cant hear the person i called or calls me.tho the run time still functioning ring ring and rang but when i answer it the other parties or my line could hear.

i did unstall and re install it but still the same problem

im using android phone gt7265 samsung dous

anyone can relate with me??

pls need your advice. thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance