I'm having issues when receiving pictures on my LG G2....

Robman87

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
When a friend sends me pictures from his Motorola RAZR (running 4.1.2 stock on Verizon) sometimes I'm able to get them but most of the time I get an odd looking image that isn't the picture he initially sent me (I'm running 4.2.2 on my G2 with AT&T). Can somebody please help me with this issue I love my G2 it is the best phone I have ever owned and I would like to keep it but this issue is kinda big.

Posted on my LG G2 via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When a friend sends me pictures from his Motorola RAZR (running 4.1.2 stock on Verizon) sometimes I'm able to get them but most of the time I get an odd looking image that isn't the picture he initially sent me (I'm running 4.2.2 on my G2 with AT&T). Can somebody please help me with this issue I love my G2 it is the best phone I have ever owned and I would like to keep it but this issue is kinda big.

Not sure what to suggest. Perhaps the image is in error upon sending?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the device is updated. If still no improvement try a messaging App replacement and see if the images are received with that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it a distortion of the picture he sent, or is it a totally different picture? If it's totally different, I'd look to his end - Verizon is assigning the wrong links to the wrong files. (This could be a major security issue for them, so I'd think they want to get right on it.)

If it's distorted, it could be on either end. If it's just about maximum size allowable, that could cause problems.

Robman87

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Me and said person downloaded the app "textra" and compared Apn MMS settings and his Proxy port # was set to 0 (mine was set to 80) so I changed mine to 0 to match and he sent a picture to test it out and it worked I got the picture fine then he tried to send same picture via the stock messaging app and it did not work I got the same odd looking image that wasn't what he sent... Any thoughts? Or explanations?

Robman87

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
How do I post pictures on this forum so I can show u a screen shot of the odd looking image

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How do I post pictures on this forum so I can show u a screen shot of the odd looking image

When writing a post, hit the 3 dot menu at the upper right hand corner. Then click attach image.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Me and said person downloaded the app "textra" and compared Apn MMS settings and his Proxy port # was set to 0 (mine was set to 80) so I changed mine to 0 to match and he sent a picture to test it out and it worked I got the picture fine then he tried to send same picture via the stock messaging app and it did not work I got the same odd looking image that wasn't what he sent... Any thoughts? Or explanations?
Check your APN. Maybe check it against his. They also define the port numbers, and if it's an incorrect port number that's causing it, an incorrect one in the APN would cause it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze