Galaxy SIII Mini Exchange

data_ac

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini, and the Exhange Push is extremely delayed. It often takes over 24 hours to show up. I have the full SIII with not problems and we each have Galaxy Tab2s, with not problems there either. Using Office 365 Exchange online. Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same exchange server for the same company and both accounts set up the same way?

Or are we talking apples and ducks here? Your account with one company and hers with a different company?

If it's the same company, I'd suspect that there's some subtle difference in the way the accounts (or push) are set up between yours and hers. You'd have to speak to the administrator in charge of Exchange at the company. The way I'd tackle it would be to print out all the settings for both accounts and look at them side by side. Then change any of hers that are different (other than the obvious, like name) to what yours are.

If it's a different company? Who knows? Different versions of exchange? Running on different servers? Different entry points into the internet? Different basic Exchange Server settings? Too many variables to want to think about it unless it was part of my job. (This is getting into the "this is real work" area.)

Then, too, are you both using the same carrier? Some carriers may handle some traffic faster than others. (But maybe 24 minutes - I can't see delaying anything for 24 hours unless part of their system broke down - once.)

The one thing I wouldn't look at is the phones (assuming both your account and hers are set up the same way on your respective phones). The phone shows the email when it arrives - it's not going to wait hours to let her know that she received an email. Even if her phone were the laggiest phone I'd ever heard of, maybe a two minute delay would be possible.

data_ac

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It is my company, i am the Exchange Admin. i have checked the settings several times. Both on Verzion, but it doesn't matter whether it is on mobile data or wifi. The Galaxy Tablets are setup the same and no problems on them. The only difference is hers is the Galaxy S3 Mini.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not easy diagnosing a problem that, by the rules in the book can't happen, when you can't actually see what's happening, like wireshark running on your server pipe to see how it's sending your email, how it's sending her email, and how long after they were put into the server. It's all got to be guesswork based, in this case, not even on the rules as they are, because by those rules, there should only be a minute or two difference between your "sent-to-received" time and hers, and it should vary back and forth. So I'm doing this piece by piece, trying to see where there may be any differences.

Office 365 Exchange using Direct Push is supported by Android 2.2 and up, so that's not the problem.

Has either of you received the 4.3 update? There are known (and seemingly random) bugs in the S3 version of that update, and some of them involve email issues.

Which email clients are you using, email or Gmail? I don't believe that the gmail app supports EAS.

In the Account Options screen on her phone (when you set up the account) , did you select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync as the protocol (type of account)? Did you select anything for the email checking frequency, or did you leave it at the default push? Did you check "Notify me when email arrives"? Did you select "Sync contacts from this account"?

These are about the only issues I can find at the moment that don't include failure to connect, which evidently isn't happening in her case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey