Cannot delete devian.tubemate.slide app which is draining 50% of my battery!

wazoozaw

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've recently downloaded the Tubemate Slide app, an update of the Tubemate, but uninstalled it soon after as it didn't work fully (audio was not downloaded).

However, when I checked my battery performance later today (on my Nexus 10), I saw the app is still draining 50% of my battery!!

I don't know how it can still be on my tablet when I've uninstalled it. I've also ran a search through File Manager, but nothing came up..

I've also turned my tablet on and off, but to no avail.

Finally, I tried clicking on the icon/message in the battery 'window' (to get more info about the app), but the buttons 'force stop' and 'report' are greyed out for some reason.

The app was also not listed under Settings > Apps > All apps.

Has anyone had the same problem, or does someone know how to get rid of this app?? Thank you so much!!

wazoozaw

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I did read "[WARNING] There are so many virus applications(ad-wares) named 'TubeMate' in the market.", so I downloaded from a verified site..............but it looks like that was a fake, too. Weird, because with my first version of Tubemate I had no problems, so I figured that the link I got from them would be fine. Ok, so let's say I've been stupid, is there any way to resolve this without having to do a factory reset?

wazoozaw

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok second stupid move - I didn't have any... .__.
Pretty stupid, I've got loads on my PC.
Could you recommend any? And would it still catch it if it's already on there?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
PC antivirus does not detect Android virus. Just factory reset your phone and see if it will remove it.

You can go to Settings - Security - Device Administrators and check to see if that app is there, if it is then uncheck it which can make it uninstallable.

Plenty of antivirus on the Playstore.

sent via tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok second stupid move - I didn't have any... .__.
Pretty stupid, I've got loads on my PC.
Could you recommend any? And would it still catch it if it's already on there?

I like Lookout, which is generally at or near the top of many antivirus tests and rankings.

I agree with above, it's worth checking Device Administrators, but you will probably need to do a factory reset to get rid of it completely.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles