Advice for notification issue

salukibrandon

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
First off, I just jumped ship from the iPhone 5 to the amazing Galaxy Note 3. It's like going from a Pinto to a Cadillac. Seriously. But enough of that for now. Before I jumped over to Apple a few years ago, I had the original Droid so I'm well aware of the Android system. This is my current issue. I wanted to get my badges back so I installed Nova Launcher Prime and Missed It! and it's working great. But......I don't want to see the notification of messages (Viber, Trillian) in my drop down. I want those to go away but I still want the badges and even the notice in the notification bar, if that makes sense. Is there any way or tweak to turn off specific apps from showing up in just the notification drop down but leaving everything else the same?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the settings of the specific app to see if you can turn Notifications on and off. If you turn them off, they should stop showing up in the Notification Bar. However, I'm not sure if that will interfere with the badge counts.

salukibrandon

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome and the reply. Yeah, I did turn those off there but it also turned off the the badges. I'll have to keep digging to see if there might be a workaround somehow.