Anyone can edit my lock screen?

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I've just had an update to the latest software on my phone and despite going through all the menus, I find that I cannot turn off the 'feature' of editing the clock area which allows anyone to increase the size enough so that it hides the lock screen icons. I have managed to stop other widgets being added, but unable to find an option for this.

Any help would be great!

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us what device you have? Different manufacturers may give different features when it comes to the lockscreen. And I'm not entirely clear on what you want to do--you're saying you don't​ want to be able to adjust the size of the clock?

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3.

Well when the screen is locked, it shows the clock and date. When I press it, a border appears which allows me to drag my finger down and the border increases in size and pushes the icons at the bottom off the screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that happens on my Nexus 5 as well--that is, my pattern unlock dots go away if I swipe down. But if I swipe back up, the pattern unlock dots come back. Does that work for you as well?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which lock screen icons are being hidden? My N5 only shows one widget per lockscreen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That must be some Samsung modification--unfortunately, I can't help you further, since all I have is non-Samsung stuff.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The four icons at the bottom of the screen for quick access. I have contacts, email, camera and text message icons.

Are you trying to use these shortcuts with a pin? Sorry, didn't really understand what you were asking in your original post

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet