Which phone is best for me?

rioichi4

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I am looking into getting a new phone. I recently got my first smartphone, a Nokia Lumia 520, and I hate it. After doing some research, I think I want an android. But which one? Ideally, it would have a slider keyboard and both facing cameras. I've learned it should be at least running android 4.0 to run the latest apps. Is Kit Kat really worth it? It would need to be as cheap as possible too. Definitely not over $200. I am with AT&T's prepaid plan. My Nokia has a micro SIM, so if I could just take the SIM out of it and put it into my new phone that'd be good. I looked into the Droid 4, but it is only for Verizon. Is it possible to unlock it so I can use it on AT&T?
Thanks so much for your help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am looking into getting a new phone. I recently got my first smartphone, a Nokia Lumia 520, and I hate it. After doing some research, I think I want an android. But which one? Ideally, it would have a slider keyboard and both facing cameras. I've learned it should be at least running android 4.0 to run the latest apps. Is Kit Kat really worth it? It would need to be as cheap as possible too. Definitely not over $200. I am with AT&T's prepaid plan. My Nokia has a micro SIM, so if I could just take the SIM out of it and put it into my new phone that'd be good. I looked into the Droid 4, but it is only for Verizon. Is it possible to unlock it so I can use it on AT&T?
Thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to the forums.
I don't think there are many phones out there with a physical keyboard left. That right there is a dying breed.
As for apps, you care correct, many will now require to run on 4.0+. This will be relatively easy to find, as most phones now are coming out with some version of Jelly Bean (4.1, 4.2, or 4.3)
I am not sure if the Droid can run on AT&T. However, here is a device that I would suggest. The Moto G. It goes for less than $200 and can run on your network.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=kgQZfAHd
That is the 8GB version. The 16 is out of stock. With the 8GB, you should have 4 GB left for you to use (4 needs to be taken up by the OS).
There is a 16 available, but it is out of stock at the moment. And it will make the price go up. Possibly breaking your $200 budget.