Phone Recommendation

mugen27

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking for a used Android Phone - So many choices out there, I'm just looking for something basic and around $100.....

Not looking for anything special, just want to have access to some apps while I'm travelling in JP. Just browsing eBay and I see the Motorola Droid X is available at a good price.. OS looks like it stopped at 2.3 though? Is this worth it for under $100?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you looking for something you can use as an actual phone, or just to use wifi? A used Droid X would probably be fine if you only want to browse the web with wifi, but it'll probably be somewhat slow compared to newer devices.

Have you considered the Moto G for $179? An excellent phone, and it's brand new. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=8laGroYM

mugen27

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Most likely just use it with WIFI...if I can get it unlocked and pop in a sim to use, that is just a bonus but not a necessity. I probably wouldn't be browsing much either - so if it works and I have to wait a few seconds, no big deal.

Moto G - I'll have to take a look - a little on the high end as far as price goes......Perhaps a used one? A newer OS then 2.3 would be nice to have also......I.e 4.x

Thanks.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Most likely just use it with WIFI...if I can get it unlocked and pop in a sim to use, that is just a bonus but not a necessity. I probably wouldn't be browsing much either - so if it works and I have to wait a few seconds, no big deal.

Moto G - I'll have to take a look - a little on the high end as far as price goes......Perhaps a used one? A newer OS then 2.3 would be nice to have also......I.e 4.x

Thanks.
Moto G is one of the best budget phone, it has HD screen, quadcore, running latest version of android (newer than most other flagship phones), durable design, sim unlocked. It's worth spending a little more for it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks.

The GSM variant is $179 brand new, while the Verizon variant is $99 brand new. If you only need it for apps and browsing the latter should be fine. Not sure about compatibility with carriers outside of the U.S. though

Posted via Android Central App

mugen27

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I found a used Moto G for $100...In Canada...Will pick it up tonight and see how it goes. Another new toy to play with. :)

Thanks for the recommendation.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I found a used Moto G for $100...In Canada...Will pick it up tonight and see how it goes. Another new toy to play with. :)

Thanks for the recommendation.

Nice. It's a lot better than the other low cost android phones; has pretty good specs and like mentioned above, running Kit Kat, a newer OS than most of the other high end phones available

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol