How to Diagnose USB connection

texrock59

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC Droid Inc 2 w/ 2.3.4.I am no longer able to connect to the PC. I have it set on "Disk Drive" but anytime I plug into the computer's USB, it only charges without any prompts given. If I do a Fastboot with the phone plugged to the USB, the puter then says "doesn't recognize device". I suppose it must be a hardware problem with the port on the phone. I used to be able to connect with the same phone and computer. Don't I HAVE to plug directly to the PC in order to unlock the security to get rooted? Any ideas?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It happen alot with microUSB ports when they are damaged or get water damage. You can try cleaning out the port if there a dirt in it, or use a different USB cable. MicroUSB cable are strange, some will not work at all with one device and some will. I have a lot of success using Samsung Galaxy S microUSB cable, believe it or not.

Sometimes when you get no feedback from "adb devices" or "fastboot devices", it may only mean the correct drivers isn't installed. But if it work before with the same setup then it could be the cable.

Anyway, you're in luck because looks like the microUSB your device is swapable, no soldering required: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...Charging-Dock-Port-Connector-US-/300978121953

If there is one thing I hate about any Android phones, it is microUSB ports soldered directly to the motherboard.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You should assume that you will, I mean if you have warranty you can ask if they can replace it for you. Guess if you're careful about opening the phone and not leave any marks they wouldn't know. I wouldn't do anything before watching a few YouTube videos on opening up the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol