My laptop and tablet aren't talking...

nirakaro

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Not on wifi anyway. Laptop (Win7) and tablet (Lenovo A2107A) both connect happily to the internet on my home wifi, and talk to each other through a USB cable, but don't find each other wirelessly. I tried using ES file explorer to connect to the LAN, input username and password, but it tells me 'Login Failure'. Where do I go from there?

nirakaro

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
It's certainly set to share files. Windows Explorer tells me it's in a Homegroup, and, I think, a Workgroup. I never asked it to be. Sadly, I have no idea what that means, what effect it has, or what to do about it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Android devices can participate in a Windows 7 Home group.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to set at least one folder in Windows to be shared. (Right-click/Sharing.) If you want to access the whole computer from the tablet, share all the drives on the laptop, one at a time. The tablet can only access shared resources. (And there usually has to be at least one user on the Windows computer with a login password - that's the user and password the Android tablet uses to log into the Windows share.)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working. Homegroups/Workgroups are always a PITA if you want to use devices other than Windows PC's, and most of the time these are enabled by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad