Turn off the speech recognition *bleep* on activation?

PeteLind

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
For some reason in the past day or so, my speech recognition function makes a bleep noise when I activate it. I am pretty sure it never did before (I don't like beeps and bleeps). All my other settings are on vibrate or mute. I have gone through the various sound settings in the system menu and the language and input and can't find a way to turn it off. Can anyone help me get that sound off? Or even tell me how it might have turned on?

Thanks,

Pete
(Galaxy S4, Verizon Wireless, Android 4.3)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
For some reason in the past day or so, my speech recognition function makes a bleep noise when I activate it. I am pretty sure it never did before (I don't like beeps and bleeps). All my other settings are on vibrate or mute. I have gone through the various sound settings in the system menu and the language and input and can't find a way to turn it off. Can anyone help me get that sound off? Or even tell me how it might have turned on?

Thanks,

Pete
(Galaxy S4, Verizon Wireless, Android 4.3)

Welcome to Android Central :)
Do you mean on S-Voice, or are you using Google Now?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

PeteLind

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I have tried it with both Google and "Samsung powered by Vlingo" with the same bleep. Have also rebooted phone, played with any setting remotely related to sound, etc.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried it with both Google and "Samsung powered by Vlingo" with the same bleep.
I know Google has it by default, but I haven't seen "Samsung powered by Vlingo"
You should be using S-Voice

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Joe Stefanski

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
this is happening with the latest update to the Google Search app. The only "fix" I have figured out so far is to uninstall the update via app manager The mic button noises are annoying as hell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21