When I uninstalled Google search and Google play store--but not deleted

jhmac77

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
l uninstalled Google Search and Google Play store apps, but they were not completely uninstalled and now I can't reinstall them because the store says they are installed. I cannot find them on my android tablet and so I cannot use them. How do I correct this problem? What is a good app to completely uninstall them. Some of these apps will not install on my Lenovo tablet.
Jim

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by uninstalling--do you mean completely removing those apps from the device, or disabling them? Or did you just remove the shortcuts from the homescreen?

Unless you're rooted (which is a procedure to gain superuser access--not for novices), you can't completely remove preinstalled system apps like Google Search or the Play Store. If the Play Store says they are installed, then I suspect you may have simply removed the app shortcuts from the homescreen. Open the App Drawer (the icon that looks like a grid of dots, often surrounded by a circle), and you will probably find those apps there. You can press and hold an app there, then drag it back to a homescreen to create a shortcut.

If you're an Android beginner, may I suggest this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...uide-getting-started-android-2014-part-i.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-getting-started-android-2014-part-ii.html

jhmac77

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Did not work. I uninstalled them in the apps section under the settings section. They are NO WHERE to be found. Now I can't bring them back. This seems to be a problem others have. I usually open my app after I push the encircled dots not on the "homescreen".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted? As I mentioned above, you can't completely uninstall those apps if you're not rooted--you can only uninstall updates.

jhmac77

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So how do you root a Medion LifeTab E7310 made by Lenovo? and listed on Google Play as a Lenovo LifeTab E7310 tablet. I understand rooting is specific to the specific tab.
Jim