Import Bookmarks to Chrome Android

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Can't find an answer online. I've been using Habit browser and want to try Chrome for Android. I can export my bookmarks from Habit but I can't seem to import them to Chrome.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's that unusual. Mobile versions of desktop programs often have a pared-down feature set. I would guess that Safari on iOS probably doesn't have all the features that Safari has on the full Mac OS (and the same goes for Internet Explorer on Windows Phone vs Windows 8.1). I could be wrong about that, since I don't have direct experience with those mobile OS's.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's that unusual. Mobile versions of desktop programs often have a pared-down feature set. I would guess that Safari on iOS probably doesn't have all the features that Safari has on the full Mac OS (and the same goes for Internet Explorer on Windows Phone vs Windows 8.1). I could be wrong about that, since I don't have direct experience with those mobile OS's.

A lot of mobile browsers have a setting where you can import bookmarks. Habit browser for example does. It's just strikes me as very odd that I have to use my desktop bookmarks. Also because my desktop bookmarks are slightly different than my mobile ones. So it's not a perfect solution.

I also find it really strange that there isn't a dedicated bookmarks icon in Chrome Android. You must hit Menu first. An unnecessary extra step.