How to download apps on PC then put on android tablet like its for iTunes for apple devices?

sherdil

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't have wi-fi but do have broadband on PC.

I cannot download the free games Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger 2, Subway Surfer from Google Play store on PC, how can I do that?

Just like iTunes for iPad/iPhone, is there any way for android tablets/phones to download apps/games on PC first and then put on the device?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have wi-fi but do have broadband on PC.

I cannot download the free games Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger 2, Subway Surfer from Google Play store on PC, how can I do that?

Just like iTunes for iPad/iPhone, is there any way for android tablets/phones to download apps/games on PC first and then put on the device?

Which phone are you using? some phones have their own software i.e. Samsung has Kies where you can download apps from the PC onto your phone

sherdil

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Which phone are you using? some phones have their own software i.e. Samsung has Kies where you can download apps from the PC onto your phone

With Kies apps can be downloaded from Google Play store on PC?

I have ordered a Xolo Play tab (tegra 3) and will get it in 2 days.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
How does the brand of tablet make any difference? except for Samsung which has Kies what about other tablets?

Thats why I said I dont have much knowledge of other tablets. I have an Ipad and a Nexus 5 - I've never really tried to download apps onto a PC and send to my phone, which is why I provided you with a webiste that might help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If I understand correctly, you have a PC with a broadband connection via Ethernet but do not have a home wi-fi network set up, correct? And you're trying to install apps onto your tablet, which presumably only has wi-fi capability but no mobile data (i.e., 3G or 4G), right?

You're going to be pretty limited in this respect. You could potentially download an .apk file (installer file) of an app to your computer, then transfer it to your tablet via USB connection, where you could then execute it to install. However, the source of .apk files is not always trustworthy, so you're more liable to install a virus or other malware as well. These sources may also offer .apk files of apps that were intended for purchase, which is obviously illegal.

Unfortunately, I think Kevin's suggested link above, although a good one, won't work for you if you don't have a wi-fi network set up.

Having a tablet without a home wi-fi network severely limits the tablet's usability, so I would strongly suggest buying a cheap router (you can get decent ones for about $20) and hooking it up to your broadband modem to set up a network. Otherwise, consider going to your nearest Starbucks and using their wi-fi to download and install those games from Google Play. Good luck!

sherdil

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes that is my situation.
Can I access internet on tablet by connecting it to PC via USB? this will solve the problems.
If not can you suggest some good trustworthy sites to download apk files?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some devices can access a desktop's internet connection via USB, but this is pretty uncommon these days. I think my old Droid Incredible could do that, and maybe (reaching back to the Middle Ages) my old Samsung Omnia. But I wouldn't be surprised if that feature is no longer available on modern devices, since wi-fi is so widespread.

Downloading .apk files is generally not a good habit, due to the risk of malware as well as the potential for encouraging piracy (as discussed above). I would still suggest purchasing a cheap router and setting up your own home wifi network. It would make your tech life a lot easier.:)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Having a tablet without a home wi-fi network severely limits the tablet's usability, so I would strongly suggest buying a cheap router (you can get decent ones for about $20) and hooking it up to your broadband modem to set up a network.
That seems like it's, by far, the best option. The amount of extra functionality you'll get out of the tablet will very easily justify the cost of the router.

sherdil

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I found a way on internet of installing apps from Pc on the Android tablet, I have installed Android SDK and fastboot on PC.
When I run "adb devices" in command prompt, it says "list of devices attached" then a blank line.
The drivers for my tablet are fine because in 'My computer' my drive is listed as 'Xolo TW800' along with other HDD drives, without me installing any drivers for the tablet.
What to do?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You may be able to setup an ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection between your tablet and pc if it has a Wi-Fi card in it. I did that once with two computers, and the secondary (your tablet in this case) barely got dial up speeds despite having a good broadband connection to the primary. Still, may be something to look into if you're not willing to get a Wi-Fi capable router.

Btw, Dead Trigger 2 requires an active internet connection to play. I know a lot of people wanted an offline option, but the developers sound pretty dead set against it due to cheaters on DT1. So unless you get a constant connection on your tablet, may as well scratch that one off your list.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in Windows Help (press F1 from the desktop) for Internet Connection Sharing. You may be able to set it up so that the wifi in the computer shares to the tablet, so you won't even need a UB connection. Then you can use the tablet just as if it was on wifi (whether the actual connection to the PC is wifi or USB cable) to install apps from the Play store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: evices?

Welcome to Android Central! Is there any reason why you can't install the apps directly to your tablet using an app store like Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore? If you're trying to download apk files from filesharing sites, I'd advised against it--it's a good way to get malware, and it's often illegal as well (since it can support piracy).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech