gmail trouble

phil321

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Good morning all.

I had to replace my trusty old Samsung S2 with a Galaxy Ace 2 after the former went swimming. I have got everything up and running (more or less) on the new phone but gmail is giving me a headache.

I have two gmail accounts on the new phone, one of which is our main home account where we receive all our family emails as well as our son's Facebook emails and the other is my private stuff. On my main inbox on the Ace there a ton of unread emails (2,310), the majority of which are his Facebook emails which is the same as the old phone main inbox. So far so good.

However, what's different is that when I look at the function that allows me to toggle between the two accounts, unread emails on the family account comes up as 2,310 unread whereas before it would come up as zero or at most one or two, ie the unread friends and family emails.

Is it possible that on the old setup I was looking just at the priority inbox and if so, how can I go back to that? Or was it perhaps something to do with the synch settings?

any advice greatly received. I hate gmail.

Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer