Omitting the leading (0) prefix from dialer

NeilCotton

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Good day to you all.

I'm currently looking at rolling out Sony Xperia Z1s to our company users. At the minute, our global address list (in Active Directory/Exchange) contains all the phone numbers in the following format. +44 (0)1234 987654

When I select a contact from the global address list, calls and texts fail, as the recipient is resolved to +4401234987654. This is an invalid number

Connections to the global address list from iPhones, Nokia Win8s, and Blackberrys, that retrieve the same details, automatically omit the contents of the bracketed prefix and resolve to +441234987654.

We need to (ideally) keep the format of the contacts in the address list with the +44 (0)..... format, as these details are used to create email signatures, and with people based around the world, we need to keep the fully qualified international display format, also, I don't fancy the task of going through accounts of hundreds of people each with 4 different phone number entries, and editing them.

Is there a setting, or an app or something that will resolve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S - this is my first post, so glad to be on board :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Good day to you all.

I'm currently looking at rolling out Sony Xperia Z1s to our company users. At the minute, our global address list (in Active Directory/Exchange) contains all the phone numbers in the following format. +44 (0)1234 987654

When I select a contact from the global address list, calls and texts fail, as the recipient is resolved to +4401234987654. This is an invalid number

Connections to the global address list from iPhones, Nokia Win8s, and Blackberrys, that retrieve the same details, automatically omit the contents of the bracketed prefix and resolve to +441234987654.

We need to (ideally) keep the format of the contacts in the address list with the +44 (0)..... format, as these details are used to create email signatures, and with people based around the world, we need to keep the fully qualified international display format, also, I don't fancy the task of going through accounts of hundreds of people each with 4 different phone number entries, and editing them.

Is there a setting, or an app or something that will resolve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S - this is my first post, so glad to be on board :)

Welcome to the forums.
You can try third part dialer apps. I can't suggest one offhand, due to I haven't encountered this issue, but at the same time, I don't call internationally.

NeilCotton

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply GD97.
I found an app called PreFixer which seems to work well. Will have to hope it's robust enough to work across the corporate environment with hundreds of calls being placed everyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret