How do I type two letters with swype keyboard?

Jas00555

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So, apparently, Windows Phone 8.1 is getting Swype keyboard natively built in. I've been playing around with it on my Moto X and while I can easily type more with 2 hands (and frankly, I find the keyboard on WP better), I could see how this could be useful with one hand.

The one thing that I can't figure out is how to use Swype to type two of the same letters side by side. Like if I wanted to type cool or pretty or tree or mississippi, it would screw the whole word up.

Can you veteran android users that use Swype give me some tips on how to do that please?

Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think you can either scribble your finger over that letter to duplicate it, or do a tiny couple of circles over it. But I agree, it can generally be a little difficult to get the double letter to appear consistently.

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In the Swype tutorials, it says to do a couple up and down motions over the letter you want to double up on (as long as it's in the regular or custom words dictionary of course). With my built in Swype, it was pretty good, but the stand alone version that you can buy in the Play store hasn't been the greatest on my phone. It often confuses swipes between words like "to" and "too" and hates "all". It also seems to favor "pig" when going for "if," and other such close words.

Personally, I preferred the built in version because it was faster and more accurate and even has an accuracy adjustment option, but it glitches bad on the stock browser after the last OS update on my Bionic. The paid version at least doesn't glitch near as much and gives you three ability to delete words from its stock dictionary. YMMV as always.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01