What can you do with wireless?

evanthx

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I connected my Droid to my wireless network last night at home. It connected fine, but when I speed tested it compared to my wife's Droid (not yet connected) it seemed to download files at the same speed. So I wasn't even sure when I web browsed if it was using the wireless connection or not.

So ... is it? How can I tell? If not, what is the wireless connection useful for?

I think it's pretty cool, but was just rather confused last night so I thought it'd make an interesting thread to chat about and see what folks were doing with it!

evanthx

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I did actually find a use for it last night! I took a video of my kids and tried to upload it to Youtube - and it refused to do so over Verizon's wireless connection as it was too large. So I connected to the wireless network and it then automatically sent the video - I didn't even have to tell it to try again.

So that was fairly nice!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
If you find yourself in an area with spotty or no 3g coverage, Wifi is a lot faster than the stepped down data transfer rate. If you're like me, and in an area with excellent coverage, you may find that you rarely turn the wifi on. True story, other than a quick speedtest, I haven't used mine since I bought the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae