How do you backup screenshots on android? (samsung galaxy s4)

rebel2401

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok so pictures and videos appear to automatically backup with Google+, but I restored my phone and my screenshots didnt come over! Is there a way to adjust the settings to also backup screenshots? I have look and cannot find it.

If this is not an option, what are the other best screenshot backup methods? (note I have an unrooted phone)

Thanks in advance for your help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so pictures and videos appear to automatically backup with Google+, but I restored my phone and my screenshots didnt come over! Is there a way to adjust the settings to also backup screenshots? I have look and cannot find it.

If this is not an option, what are the other best screenshot backup methods? (note I have an unrooted phone)

Open the Photos App > Settings > Backup.

Scroll down to enable backup local pictures on the device.

Use caution. If you have a lot of pictures on your device it may upload everything. Make sure you are on wifi if that's the case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

rebel2401

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Use caution. If you have a lot of pictures on your device it may upload everything. Make sure you are on wifi if that's the case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I dont see these options, when I click photos app > settings, tthe options are
-Auto Backup
-then Accounting settings
-then an About Section

(I couldnt find the option you were referring to even within the menus in settings)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont see these options, when I click photos app > settings, tthe options are
-Auto Backup
-then Accounting settings
-then an About Section

(I couldnt find the option you were referring to even within the menus in settings)
I have Build Version 4.3.0.62241793. Check the Play Store to make sure you have the latest update.

Open the Auto Backup Option then scroll down to the "Backup Settings" section. That's where you should see an option "Back up local folders". Check that.

If you don't have it it's because the app is not updated.

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by rebel2401
[...]what are the other best screenshot backup methods? (note I have an unrooted phone) [...]

Another m.o.:
install Dropbox (free) on your mobile device and on your laptop or desktop computer, open Dropbox and set it to auto-copy/'sync' your photos (and videos) and you will automatically have duplicates of all of them – including your screenshots – in your Dropbox = available on your laptop or desktop computer, within minutes of shooting them.

Like srkmagnus said: "Use caution. If you have a lot of pictures on your device it may [try to] upload everything. Make sure you are on wifi if that's the case"!
I would add: make sure the destination of the uploaded pictures and videos – if that is not Google+ but your Dropbox – has enough free space to accomodate them. A free Dropbox account/cloud offers 5GB of free storage space. That should be enough for a couple days of intensive photo shooting (like on vacation), but you would need to copy it all from your Dropbox to your laptop or desktop and delete it from Dropbox to reclaim that space for more photos and videos.

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
BTW, you can set Dropbox to only sync when you're on WiFi. That's obviously good for your mobile dataplan as it won't be affected.
But if you're shooting e.g. police brutality/intimidation/power abuse you will want to sync/upload those photos/videos immediately to your Dropbox! Because if the fascists then decide to – illegally! – wipe them off your mobile device or impound it then it's no skin off your back because the photos and videos – evidence! – are already duplicated in your Dropbox! :cool:

ninnili

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I know this post may be a bit outdated, but the instructions above failed me. I did figure out how to get screenshots to upload on my phone though, so I thought I'd share for the next poor soul who can't figure it out!

On a Fairphone, you tap the hamburger icon in the photos app, scroll down and choose "On device". There you will find your pictures sorted by "screenshots," "camera," "WhatsApp Images," etc. To the right of each section title is an icon-- either a blue cloud with an arrow or a gray, crossed out cloud. Just tap the icon to toggle between gray and blue (don't backup vs. backup). Then refresh! :)

Eddy Q

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

I use File Manager. Find it with Play Store. Open it and tap on Images, then Screenshots, then Category in the upper left, then Add cloud storage. Select the storage you want. I used Google Drive ... then use Google Drive on your PC and you will see the screen shots added to your Google Photos.