Galaxy Note 3 Wont screen mirror

JohnBlaize1974

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I recently swopped my experia Z1 for a galaxy Note 3 but when i go into connections and select screen mirroring it just says empty instead of trying to search for devices. It does this for s beam and Kies etc also. I have a feeling some sort of driver may be missing. Can anyone help as this is very frustrating?

I am running android 4.4

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Screen mirroring is to a compatible Samsung TV set. If you don't have one running nearby you'll see a blank area where the devices would show up.

JohnBlaize1974

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi. No thats incorrect. My TV is a new Sony smart TV and my friend has a Samsung Galaxy S3 and his connects straight away. Even if we are outside with no TV's around his phone will still search for something. Mine just says empty regardless of whether there is a TV around or not.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the S3 (I don't have one) but the Note 3 will only mirror to a Samsung SmartTV. (I wish it would work with other TVs - then I could use my Vizio as a larger monitor. I did the research - it won't.) You should see "scanning" for about 10 seconds, then "no devices found".

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you install Teamviewer Quicksupport (free) on your SGN3, and Teamviewer (also free) on your laptop or desktop computer, and fire both of them up, your SGN3's screen is mirrored on your laptop or desktop computer's screen. Not only that, but you can operate your SGN3 from that laptop or desktop computer. With a big screen and a full size keyboard! Very convenient! Also for SMS-ing or instant messaging!

If you have a 'smart TV' on Android, with a web connection, I expect this to also work on that TV if you install Teamviewer on it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234