How To Send TuneIn Radio On Android Device To A/V Receiver?

gil_happy

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

After searching and reading forums, I'm trying to figure out how to stream / send the audio from TuneIn Radio on my Android phone (Samsung Note 3 on T-Mobile) over WiFi in my home to my Yamaha A/V receiver (HTR-4065) that supports DLNA and AirPlay.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this, i.e. sending audio from a running application, in this case, TuneIn Radio via either DLNA or AirPlay? The reason I'm trying to do this is that the built Internet Radio (using vTuner) on the Yamaha receiver does not have some of my favorite radio stations available, but TuneIn does.

Thanks in advance!

sai222

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi gil_happy

I am just starting a company for streaming solutions, so I am testing a lot of different ways to stream all kind of media to either a DLNA/UPnP- or an AirPlay-receiver.
I love TuneIn, but unfortunately only the iOS version features streaming over AirPlay. I am in touch with TuneIn Development Team and they plan to add this feature to the Android app too, but we have to wait for that.
Now the good and the bad news. I found a work nice work-around, I found the app called Skifta. It supports TuneIn log-in and is able to stream to DLNA and AirPlay-receiver. BUT unfortunately they kicked the TuneIn channel out of Skifta, because a lot of users complained about not seeing all their favorite radio stations, but it's not Skifta's fault. It's related to copyrights and distribution agreements. I am searching for a new solutions.

Greetings
Mike

gil_happy

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I rooted my Note 3 (I was very nervous about that, but it worked great) and now I can send TuneIn (via AirPlay) to my A/V receiver using AirAudio. It works great!

sai222

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi gil_happy

Yes, rooting your phone is an option. I am happy, it works for you.
I hope to find an "easier" way, because common android users do not root their phones.

Greetings
Mike

Tonny Rabjerg

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,, anyone who have solved this, have spent 2-3 weeks trying to find a solution, but so far I think I have no luck, downloaded just about all DLNA and Radio apps but no luck

Speaking to my B&O they recommended me to buy an iPhone, which I don't think is the right solution

please heeeeelp

Dan Brown10

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a DMC app whitch supports INET radio for a longer time. The best app I found is DLNA Total. It uses Shoutcast radio station lists. I would prefer an app which supports tunein, surfmusik, vtuner or wifi radio frontier radio station lists but didn't find it. I ask the author of DLNA Total if tunein or surfmusik can be supported but didn't get an answer.

Last edited:

rut77

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Getting your tunein stream to your receiver through airplay or dlna is very easy. 1. Root your android ... 2. Download "allstream" app from googleplay and enjoy. You can even use many android equalizers applications (especially I recomanding "poweramp" player) Lets God bless guys who created "allstream". Amen ! :)

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there are blue tooth receivers that plugs into any audio input via micro jack. I have one thru Amazon and have seen them at Loves truck stops. Mine is called miccus mini jack Rx. I know u said WiFi but there is this option also. I plug into car radio input jack. Its recharge able.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX