Setting wallpaper for Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus?

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing it by going to chrome>google>images>wallpaper>save image>gallery>set as. But problem is it always seems to be low quality when I do it that way. The wallpapers aren't low quality it's 1920x1200. When I open them in images it always appears small, so I think I'm actually saving that small image. What am I doing wrong?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing it by going to chrome>google>images>wallpaper>save image>gallery>set as. But problem is it always seems to be low quality when I do it that way. The wallpapers aren't low quality it's 1920x1200. When I open them in images it always appears small, so I think I'm actually saving that small image. What am I doing wrong?
Sounds like you are saving the thumbnail image and not the actual wallpaper image file. Is there a way to click the image and get it to fully open? If so, long press that and save-as. Then use a file explorer to set it as the wallpaper.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you are saving the thumbnail image and not the actual wallpaper image file. Is there a way to click the image and get it to fully open? If so, long press that and save-as. Then use a file explorer to set it as the wallpaper.

That's what I was thinking too but I can open the image or open it in a new tab but it does open in full. It just takes up the top left side of the screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Where exactly is the "chrome>google>images>wallpaper>save image>gallery>set as" sequence you're talking about?

If I were to download a wallpaper from the web using mobile Chrome, I'd bring up the page with the full-sized wallpaper, then long-press the image and select Save Image. This will download the image to the Downloads folder. Once it's there, you should be able to select that image as a wallpaper, and it should be full resolution. Sorry if I'm totally misunderstanding something!

EDIT: Never mind, I realized that the sequence you're referring to means that you're opening Chrome, then going to Google to do an Image search for wallpapers. Rather than going to Gallery for the Set As option, what happens if you go to your Wallpaper Picker? Does that give you options to select images from your various folders?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By the way, if I go to Gallery and use the Set As option, it does show up as full resolution. I think srkmagnus is right--you're probably downloading the thumbnail. Try going back to that webpage, and tap on the wallpaper you want to see if it comes up as a bigger, more hi-res version.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confuse now :D

Wallpaper picker. Is that through my device>display>wallpaper>etc?

To answer your earlier question, yeah it does go to downloads which creates a folder in gallery right? I go there and set as. It's kinda strange because I tried a few others after and some seem like they are hi-res but some are really bad. But when i check the really bad ones the it's always 1920x1200. So I don't know what's going on.

To answer your second post, here's what I do. I go to Google then images and there's a bunch of pictures. I click on one, it zooms in and blacks out the rest of the page screen right? I then hold the screen until it gives options like save image, open image, open in new tab, etc. I click open image and it does open but still doesn't go full screen, it's like the top left only. I'm like what the hell.

I hope my explanation makes more sense this time. But I ended up downloading from PC and putting it on Dropbox then picking it up from the phone. It's a bit of a hassle but got the job done. Thanks for the help btw.

I'm gonna post another problem which is even a bigger hassle, so I'm not to concern about this right now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wallpaper picker. Is that through my device>display>wallpaper>etc?

With most devices, simply long-pressing any blank part of a homescreen will bring up the option to choose a wallpaper.

I go to Google then images and there's a bunch of pictures. I click on one, it zooms in and blacks out the rest of the page screen right? I then hold the screen until it gives options like save image, open image, open in new tab, etc.

Strange. I just tried all of that, and it still downloads full resolution for me. This is the wallpaper I tested: Blue Android Wallpapers HD Wallpaper of Android - hdwallpaper2013.com. Give that a try and see if it works.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
With most devices, simply long-pressing any blank part of a homescreen will bring up the option to choose a wallpaper.

Strange. I just tried all of that, and it still downloads full resolution for me. This is the wallpaper I tested: Blue Android Wallpapers HD Wallpaper of Android - hdwallpaper2013.com. Give that a try and see if it works.

Maybe it's because Trend is pretty basic phone? I'm just guessing here. The link you gave is a site, I think that should work (phone not with me at the moment, will try when I get a hold of it), problem for me is saving the wall through Google images.