HTC One X: Phone won't turn on even when it is plugged into charger

carebearlulu

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
ok this is what is wrong with the phone. about 2 days ago my phone acted weird it shut off but after a while it came back on. Then yesterday it did the same thing but it never came back on. the phone was fully charged and as i went to reach for my phone to wake it up it didnt do anything. I have tried the power and volume for 2 mins nothing. I have had it on the charger but all it does it is hot but no light. I have never rooted this phone and dont know what is wrong with it. I only had this phone for 1yr and 3 months. All my contacts, recipies, photos, ect are on it i even tried to see if i can contact it to the manager nothing. does anyone know what else can be the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone wont turn on nor light is not on HTC One X when it is pluged into charger

Welcome to Android Central! It's difficult to say, but I'd be concerned that the battery might have failed. Most batteries will last at least a couple of years, but some can be defective or fail early. You may need to bring your phone to a cellphone repair shop.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone wont turn on nor light is not on HTC One X when it is pluged into charger

WHERE is it getting hot when you charge it? As B.Diddy said, if the battery is getting hot it may be time for a new one. Bit if it's getting hot somewhere else, there's something wrong, and it definitely needs repair.

Whether you can get your data back is iffy, leaning toward "no". Which is why ALL important things should be backed up to at least 2 independent devices.

carebearlulu

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

i took it into the att service center they couldnt get it up running either they told me to contact asurion insurance and pay a deducable of 200 bucks. ugh..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The deductible is $200 now? It used to be $99, if I remember correctly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It depends on the price level of the phone. With the Note 3, AT&T's coverage is $200 ded. Best Buy's coverage is $150. I can remember when it was $50 for a top of the line phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech