04-22-2018 01:05 PM
62 123
tools
    I woukd back up my photos to various cloud accounts. They're ate plenty available and can b set to automatically back up to cloud after pic is taken. Really better easy thing to do

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    07-13-2014 02:24 PM
    You need to unlock the device to see it

Use a micro usb to usb cable to plug in a keyboard and type the keylock code

Or get a MHL cable to plug in a hdmi to see the screen
    Looks like you have the right idea... however, is there a way to change the settings on the phone from file transfer mode to camera mode but without using the phone? Can this be done using the command line or overwritten somehow?
    07-30-2014 04:55 AM
    I had same problem screen completely gone but still life in the phone. Tonight I have managed to retrieve all pictures onto my laptop.I'm not in the slightest a computer whizz. So just to give some hope it can be done. Just plug phone in and have a play when it picks up your device. Good luck x
    08-09-2014 05:49 PM
    After I plug in the HDMI cable how am I going to be able to to unlock the screen if it's a pattern code? does the HDMI only transmit the image or can I control my phone remotely from the computer/TV I plug it into?
    08-15-2014 12:37 PM
    Hi ive had a similar problem, my screen doesnt work, other than that its fine. when plugged int the computer and to use the files the phone has to be unlocked/ opened... if this is not done it will say no files are found and will not open anyfiles.
    08-31-2014 12:58 AM
    Connect an USB OTG to your phone, connect an USB mouse into the USB OTG. Use your mouse to unlock the pattern! (Problem is, This only works if you can still see the screen) If only there were a program out there to allow your tv or (in my case) touchscreen monitor to act as the smartphone led. So you can still see the contents on your from via your tv or monitor!

Here's what it looks like
    Attached Thumbnails How do I get my pictures off my phone if I have a broke screen ?-usb-otg.jpg   How do I get my pictures off my phone if I have a broke screen ?-usb-otg2.jpg  
    09-15-2014 07:14 AM
    I can repair the phone without losing any data emaill me if you like
    miachan7 likes this.
    09-25-2014 08:31 AM
    The exact same thing happened to my Galaxy S3. Shattered screen, all black, a few lights work but when plugging it into the computer it says no files. To unlock it i managed, through trial and error, to get my pattern password on the blank screen. Make sure you have the phone plugged into your computer and the folder open. Not sure if this will work for you but it worked for me and I am grateful for that.

I guess even if the display doesn't work the touch screen component still can.

Hope you get your photos!
    09-25-2014 11:15 AM
    I myself broke my screen on my galaxy4. i was able to connect to desktop and retreive all my photos, except for the ones that i had saved in the hidded folder. it wasnt an app, just an option under settings once in gallery. So my important question is if anyone knows if there is ANY WAY WHAT SO EVER TO RETRIEVE THOSE "HIDDEN" PHOTOS TO DESKTOP just like the other photos?!!?
    10-21-2014 11:58 PM
    Hi there!

Would you happen to how to get this to work if the phone has a numerical password (not swipe) for screen lock? When I plug the phone up to my computer it wants me to put in my passcode on the phone, would be great if there was a desktop app that would allow me to put in my password directly on the computer since the screen/lcd is broken on my S4.
    11-05-2014 10:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if this thread helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    11-09-2014 12:51 AM
    Hi Emma
    I know this won't make you feel any better but it just happened to me last night...although it was my lovely daughter who took my mobile into the bathtub with her and now I have a blank screen, phone on, and no back up! I feel your pain. I am still going through all these comments so please, if you have worked out a way of retrieving your photos, I would be forever grateful if you could share how you did it!! Thanks
    12-07-2014 08:51 PM
    I cracked my screen so activated my old phone to use. My pictures didn't transfer. Do you think they still can be recovered?
    05-17-2015 04:25 PM
    He is right, I have the same issue with my Xperia Z1S. I need to either get a new screen or get a mouse connected to the phone, then I can unlock the screen. When I hook it up to the CPU, it says that the phone is empty. Nothing at all.

Yes, you need to plug the phone to the cpu and transfer the files, if the screen is locked, you need to get a USB mouse converted to your phone and unlock using the mouse, then hook up to the CPU and transfer
    06-02-2015 07:35 PM
    My phone was locked with a PIN and I used graph paper to map out the keypad (I had touch screen sounds enabled so I was able to determine where the screen was responding to my touches). My graph is attached - you may be able to map this on your phone based on the grid. If not, what I did was:

1. Turn off phone
    2. Tape graph paper across screen making sure not to cover the speaker in the back.
    3. Touched the screen in each square of the grid and marked where I heard a sound. I noticed that the keypad produced a sound on the first touch where other notifications, widgets, etc. required two touches.
    4. Using the markings, I built out the keypad.
    5. Restart phone, enter PIN and your phone should be unlocked.

Once unlocked, I took a screen shot of my phone because I saw I had notifications I wanted to check.

Not high tech, doesn't require buying USB mouse converter or other equipment.

Hope this helps!

How do I get my pictures off my phone if I have a broke screen ?-20150607_110546.jpg
    miachan7 likes this.
    06-07-2015 12:23 PM
    I can repair the phone without losing any data emaill me if you like
    Can u fix mine how much
    06-26-2015 12:39 PM
    Any shop can replace a broken screen without losing data. The problem is that the rule in almost any honest shop is that the phone's data gets wiped before anything else is done to it - to make sure that no one steals your data. If you find a repair shop willing to replace the screen without wiping the phone, your problem is solved. (In my shops, the rule was that if I caught you working on a phone that hadn't been wiped, you were gone and you could pick up your personal phone after I had the chance to manually wipe everything from it, just to make sure that any customer data you stole was gone. Or I'd call the police. Depending on my mood. A phone repair shop is a great place for a stalker to work if employees are allowed to work on unwiped phones.) So it's the customer's choice - if you wanted me to fix your phone without wiping the data, you'd sign a waiver, and I'd back the phone up before doing anything else. (One slip and your data is gone, despite my promise to not wipe it, so it first got backed up - I stopped being perfect a long time ago.)

If it's an older phone, and you just want to get the data from it before replacing it, some shops will - if they have a screen for that phone handy - plug in their screen and let you back the phone up (for a small fee - a LOT cheaper than replacing the screen). See Backing up an Android Device. And if you back your phone up even once a week, you won't have that problem, unless you make lots of changes in a week's time, in which case you should be backing up daily.

Large cloud accounts are free, and there are a lot of them - there's no excuse for not backing up.
    06-26-2015 03:06 PM
    Hi Em, I am going through the same thing right now with my phone... It is very frustrating . and what's even more frustrating is when u ask people for help and get the replys u did . I only logged in here just to say to all the people who responded to ur post... u people seriously need to get a life and stop being so judgmental. They asked for help if u can't offer help f*"! Off . anyway if I find out through my search I will let you know ....
    Mybooboo4u2 likes this.
    08-02-2015 08:31 PM
    I dropped my phone and the screen is messed up. I can still use the buttons but I cannot see anything and there are lines and colors. how much would u charge to fix screen
    09-06-2015 03:04 AM
    I Found this from another site. and will try it myself
    Method 1: HDMI Connection And On The Go USB Mouse

This is probably the most effective and reliable method that you can use to unlock your phone if your screen isn’t responding and you can’t see anything on it at the same time. This isn’t an official solution to this problem, but it’s just a workaround that should work with most Android phones and tablets that support OTG and an HDMI output, including Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One and Nexus 5.

The way this method will work is that your phone’s display will be shown on your TV using an HDMI cable and we’ll use a USB OTG mouse to unlock the phone. Even if your phone doesn’t have an HDMI port, you can still use this method as long as your phone supports an MHL to HDMI adapter. Also, make sure that you check whether your Android phone or tablet supports OTG adapters. You can also use this list to check the phones and tablets that support OTG.
    Step 1

If your phone has a micro HDMI port, then this process is slightly easier and you can purchase a standard OTG adapter. Phones such as the Sony Xperia S come with micro HDMI ports. You can purchase an OTG adapter from your local phone store. You can also buy it on Amazon for about $4.47.
    otg adapter

If your phone doesn’t have a micro HDMI port but supports MHL to HDMI adapters, then you’ll need to purchase a special OTG plus HDMI adapter. You might be able to find it at your local phone store. One great adapter is available on Amazon for about $19.99. This particular adapter supports five different connections and you can connect your HDMI cable and a USB mouse directly into this adapter.

otg hdmi adapter
    Step 2

Get a standard USB mouse if you don’t already use one with your computer. They are widely available at computer stores.
    Step 3

Connect the OTG adapter to your phone.
    Step 4

Connect the USB mouse into the OTG adapter and plug in the HDMI cable into the OTG adapter as well. If you have a micro USB HDMI port on your phone, then connect the micro HDMI cable into your phone. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV. Turn on your TV and switch to HDMI mode.

hdmi otg connection
    Step 5

You should now see your phone’s display on your TV. You should also see a mouse pointer on the display. Use the mouse to draw the unlock pattern on your phone or click on the keys to type in your password. That’s it! You have successfully unlocked your Android phone.
    LBarber607 likes this.
    10-30-2015 10:35 AM
    I also BROKE my screen....i do see the LED light on it and i hear sound but i cannot see any picture. It has a password on it so when i tried to use a program on the computer to back up my photos and contacts it said it could not because there is a password on it keeping me from being able to download the backup program.....i'm unclear on what to do and unclear if i have a chance to SAVE MY PHOTOS AND CONTACTS at this point. PLEASE ANY CLEAR ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO AND HOW ?
    11-15-2015 07:50 AM
    Hey there!
    Thanks for this explanation. I'm in the same situation here, smashed screen that's unusable, but I can tell that it's turning on by the light and sounds. I've plugged it into my computer, and I see the phone under Devices and Printers, but I can't figure out where to access my files and pictures. Can you direct me? I really appreciate your help!

Best,
    IndianaSolo
    12-15-2015 03:32 PM
    Had this just happen to me, I hooked my phone up to the TV with a $6 cable and was able to see my screen on the tv. Punched in my pass code (took a couple tries) then downloaded smart switch. Downloaded smart switch on new phone and sent all data from old phone to new phone while the old one was still hooked to TV. Worked like a charm..

How do I get my pictures off my phone if I have a broke screen ?-image.jpg
    01-14-2016 10:03 PM
    I have Sony C1505 but the screen has gone... I need that pics in my phone back... My screen had a water damage... My phone is in screen lock condition... can I transfer the data to PC with usb tethering... Thanks

What about just screen lock without that pattern or pssword? Can it unlocked it too?
    01-23-2016 12:16 PM
    Do you think you could help me out my screen isn't cracked it just won't turn on for some reason. I plugged it in before bed and woke up to my alarm not going off and not being able to turn the screen on (email address removed by Moderator)
    03-02-2016 07:36 PM
62 123