Anyone know how to transfer contacts from X3 to Galaxy Trend?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you sync those contacts with Google? That way no matter how many times you switch phones, you can always get them back (and access them via web, too).

But if it's only a handful, you can always transfer them via BlueTooth.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the contacts in question are on the "Phone Account," which doesn't sync to Google. You should try to export those contacts as a vCard file, then import that file into your Google account. Is the X3 that you're talking about the Nokia X3? I'm not too familiar with Windows Phone, but there should be an option somewhere to export your contacts to a vCard or CSV file. Do that, then transfer that file to your phone or computer, and then import it into Google Contacts (on the web) or into your Galaxy Trend's People app.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like the contacts in question are on the "Phone Account," which doesn't sync to Google. You should try to export those contacts as a vCard file, then import that file into your Google account. Is the X3 that you're talking about the Nokia X3? I'm not too familiar with Windows Phone, but there should be an option somewhere to export your contacts to a vCard or CSV file. Do that, then transfer that file to your phone or computer, and then import it into Google Contacts (on the web) or into your Galaxy Trend's People app.

Yup it's a Nokia X3. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance and report back. Thanks.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I tried to transfer the contacts via bluetooth but it said the samsung doesn't support the service. Then I backed up contacts but it saved as NBF file. Not sure how to save it as vCard.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no program that will read the file,but if it's not encrypted it shouldn't be too difficult to write a program to read it and output it as a csv file, which Google Contacts can import (and Excel can read too).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried to transfer the contacts via bluetooth but it said the samsung doesn't support the service. Then I backed up contacts but it saved as NBF file. Not sure how to save it as vCard.

Do those contacts on your X3 sync with Microsoft Outlook? If so, you should just export from Outlook to a .CSV file, then import as mentioned above.