Drive vs Google Plus

raddbj03

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have Drive storage from my Picasa subscription. I auto upload all my photos to Google Plus at original size which counts against my Drive storage. Is there any difference between storing my photos in Google Plus vs Drive?? Or is it the same thing?? I downloaded the Drive app and it says I'm using a large percentage of my storage despite having no files in Drive.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Gmail and all full - size photos both utilize the same storage as Google Drive. You can have unlimited "standard size" photos in Google+.

raddbj03

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Is there any advantage to actually putting my photos in Goolge Drive versus just having them in Google Plus??

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you have both accounts, not really. It's slightly easier to e-mail photos via drive, but it's much smarter to make albums and send a link to the album. If you keep things sorted into lots of folders with sub folders, that could be one. Drive supports that, but G+ does not. Some employers security policies will block social networking but still allow Google Drive access, so if that's a consideration.. but otherwise, Google+ does a better job of displaying and allowing for resharing, editing, etc.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that the free is limited to 2048 in the longest dimension

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Prefer Drive as well. Also don't have need to worry if I accidentally changed the share settings like on Google+.
I use office suite pro and sharing via drive is integrated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia