Rooting and root access

Sax_Derp

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm pretty sure my Nexus is running Cm10. I didn't root it, but I would like to know how to gain root access since it seems to already be rooted. I'll post a screen shot that shows my confusion. I don't know much about rooting though. But I see cyogenmod there (in le kernel thingy) , so I assumed. I wanted root access so I can use the touch buttons as a notification light, and Google didn't help much.

And another thing, can I use a different lock screen to show notifications on 4.1.2? Didn't want to start another thread. Maybe one that would support widgets. Preferably free, doesn't have to be.

Attachments

• 1395787496864.jpg
    1395787496864.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'm pretty sure my Nexus is running Cm10. I didn't root it, but I would like to know how to gain root access since it seems to already be rooted. I'll post a screen shot that shows my confusion. I don't know much about rooting though. But I see cyogenmod there (in le kernel thingy) , so I assumed. I wanted root access so I can use the touch buttons as a notification light, and Google didn't help much.

And another thing, can I use a different lock screen to show notifications on 4.1.2? Didn't want to start another thread. Maybe one that would support widgets. Preferably free, doesn't have to be.

If it is already rooted, you probably need to enable root access in the developer settings.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Root access" just means that apps that request root can get it. You don't do anything (except approve root access for the particular app when you're asked to).

If you want manual root access, from a terminal app or ab adb shell, you type su.