AP news app not working

officerripley

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
AP News app on my Samsung GTab intermittently fails: tapping on individ. Top News stories won't bring up the story (altho other news stories, for inst. Entertmt, Sports etc. come up ok.) Kindle app screws up once in a while & I just go into Settings-apps & clear its cache, but don't see the AP News app or even the browser app listed in the settings so can't try that. Neither Restarting the Tab or disconnecting & reconnecting to WiFi helps. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ap news app not working

AP News app on my Samsung GTab intermittently fails: tapping on individ. Top News stories won't bring up the story (altho other news stories, for inst. Entertmt, Sports etc. come up ok.) Kindle app screws up once in a while & I just go into Settings-apps & clear its cache, but don't see the AP News app or even the browser app listed in the settings so can't try that. Neither Restarting the Tab or disconnecting & reconnecting to WiFi helps. Any suggestions?

Uninstall and reinstall?

officerripley

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Um, uninstall & reinstall what exactly? If you mean the AP News app, I can't find where the app is listed (not in Settings-Apps, nowhere) to do that.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Um, uninstall & reinstall what exactly? If you mean the AP News app, I can't find where the app is listed (not in Settings-Apps, nowhere) to do that.

Uninstall & reinstall the AP News app.
I'm not saying that will work, just that it might work.
If you can't find it in Settings > Application Manager then you can maybe find it in the Play Store > My Apps. Select the AP News app and uninstall.
Then reboot the device (remove battery for 10 minutes if the device allows) and reinstall the AP News app.
If even that doesn't work, and the AP News app is really important to you, then I would make a good backup data set and then reset the device to factory settings so that you can install the AP News app afresh.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

He's saying that he can't find any app named AP News - so he can't uninstall it. I'll admit that it's strange. Look in the App manager under the com.xxx listings. And not just for com.app.news, it may be under some other name, like com.samsung.ap.news or com.sec.ap.news (not that it will be listed as a sec [security] app), but look through the entire com list for anything that might be it.

If that fails, look at every app there (make sure you're in the ALL tab). I've found apps listed under names that sounded nothing like the name of the app. (Some programmers are weird - and that's not a dig, I've been one for decades.)

Finding it to reinstall may be a problem, but it might be https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/apps/details?id=mnn.Android&token=lmFkfONF

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If he can't find it in App manager, under All, it may be a system app, not something he installed. Then a factory reset won't uninstall it.

Of course, the easy way to find out is to boot into safe mode. If it's still there, it can't be uninstalled without a lot of work.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I guess the OP would have to tell us whether it came preinstalled or he installed his app AP News himself, right?

officerripley

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Taken me a while to get bk--even tho I'm supposedly subscribed to this thread I haven't been getting notifications of replies, sigh--anyway, it appears that the AP news app came hard-installed on this tab so no way to reinstall (without a lot of work anyway as said above). But: when I downloaded the Chrome browser & told the ap app to use chrome, it's behaving fine. (Now if I could figure out a way to play vids/games again on the Tab since Flash Player 11.1 has stopped working; sometimes I hate Adobe, sigh...)

officerripley

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, another kind member here also suggested the dolphin or puffin browsers; I downloaded puffin, and altho it's slower than chrome, I'm able to play vids and games again just fine. This site and every1 on it are awesome, so much help, thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, another kind member here also suggested the dolphin or puffin browsers; I downloaded puffin, and altho it's slower than chrome, I'm able to play vids and games again just fine. This site and every1 on it are awesome, so much help, thanks!

Puffin should be faster than any browser you use (at least that is my experience). If you find that it doesn't suit your needs, you can try Dolphin Browser as I recommended before and as fellow friend Rukbat stated above.

appzuniverse

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

First uninstall your app and reinstall or update your app otherwise you can receiving your app while Bluetooth via your friend mobile..