Clock wallpaper on Samsung Ace 2

Garden123

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have changed the wallpaper on both the lock screen and the home screen on my Saumsung Ace 2 phone, but the clock persists in staying with the default background (sky and clouds) on the home screen. I have even been into clock settings and changed the wallpaper there, but it seems to make no difference to the home screen. Solution, anyone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The clouds are part of the widget, not part of the wallpaper. The stock wallpaper just happens to be the same color as the background of the widget, so it looks as if the widget it transparent, but it's not. If you drag the widget to another page, you'll see that the wallpaper you put there has no clouds on it.

Garden123

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. But why is the clock background transparent on the lock screen, then? And how do I make it the same on my home screen?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The clock on the lock screen isn't a widget in the same sense as homescreen widgets are. You're looking at two apps that look almost identical. About the only way to make the widget transparent would be to retheme or rewrite it.