sync info

Sue Funkey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
HOw can I sync all my apps from phone, Samsung Galexy 3 to my tab 2 Samsung tablet to my lap top? I want all info (excluding duplicates) to sync so I have info on all devices. What app can I use?????

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
HOw can I sync all my apps from phone, Samsung Galexy 3 to my tab 2 Samsung tablet to my lap top? I want all info (excluding duplicates) to sync so I have info on all devices. What app can I use?????

Welcome to the forums.
Which apps are you talking about?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you set your phone and tab up correctly, your contacts and emails are already synced. What else do you want to sync?

Sue Funkey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to find some photos. Contacts and word related stuff I'd simplER but I created an
Album called "Groveland" and its no where to be found. I've looked in all my apps. Nope. Is there way to find all on the phone or tablet or phone?

Also is there a way to upload to a specific app with pics?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think there's an app that will do what you're trying to do. Syncing app info across different devices and the cloud is dependent on those individual apps. For example, if you use Google Keep to write a few notes, then if you install Google Keep on another device (that is logged into the same Google account), you'll see those notes show up there as well. You will also be able to see those notes if you go to the Google Keep website on your computer (again, if you're logged in with the same Google account).

However, if you manually create a folder and place some photos there, you won't be able to automatically sync that folder to all of your other devices, because you created that folder on your own. On the other hand, if you used Google+ Photos to upload those photos, then they would be easily accessible on any of your other devices by accessing your Google+ Photos cloud albums.

Sue Funkey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
OK, so say I want to move all my photos to Google+, I can upload them but pay for serious data. How can I do this without killing my data limit??????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have wifi at home, or can you access free wifi somewhere like the library or a Starbucks? Use wifi to upload your photos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your phone's wifi is turned on, then the phone should preferentially use your home wifi network to upload all of the data, not your mobile data. You can always toggle off your mobile data radio yourself. Not sure if your phone comes with a widget or a button in the quick settings menu to easily toggle the mobile data radio. You could always install something like Data Enabler Widget. It's a widget, so after you've installed it, you need to go to your Widgets section to place it on a homescreen. Then just tap it once to turn mobile data on or off.

Sue Funkey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok so can I go back to my original question, how do I sync all my devices, galexy 3 phone, tab 2 tablet and laptop? Need to get all the photos on all 3???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google+ Photos, as I mentioned above. The photos get stored in the cloud, and be accessed easily by any device that will connect to Google. You can download any photo you want locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret