Calendar App Woes

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
If I input an event on my computer using Google Calendar, I have plenty of customizable notification options available, sms, email, Problem is that I never enter events using my computer as I work outdoors. I enter them on my phone. When entering an event using Google Calendar on my phone I am given the option of setting a notification as a reminder or email. If I set both to 30 minutes ahead, I will get the popup but not the email. I am not positive what email the app uses and can't find anywhere in the app to specify it. So I assume it is using the Google email associated with the Android phone. But I get no email reminder to that address.

Can anyone explain how this should work?

Or, alternatively, give me another way to get what I want on my phone. I am willing to use any calendar app. Just want to have a widget on my home screen to see upcoming events, be reminded ahead of time of the event, with a pop up notification, and also email or text. The reason email or text is important is that I have an app that monitors those and if I get one and do not read it right away, I have a reminder sound that keeps going until I do read it. I need this as I work in a loud environment and often don't know I have a message till things get quiet and I then hear my missed message reminder telling me I have an unread sms, email, missed call, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007