Android glitching

AlrightyThen

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Stratosphere and yesterday my phone started glitching. The glitching consists of launching the search function 30 times a minute and activating the voice-to-text feature over and over. It launches it, then closes it, then launches it again none stop. I can't do anything with my phone at this point. I've put the phone in safe mode and it does the same thing. Is it a hardware issue? I've dropped it 4 times and I've had it for 1 year and 7 months.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Weird stuff. A few things you can try:

1. If you have an SD card, try removing it and rebooting. Sometimes a corrupt SD card can cause the phone to misbehave.
2. Although it's unlikely, sometimes a failing battery can also cause problems. If you have a spare battery around, try swapping it out.
3. You can also try wiping the system cache partition in the Recovery Menu, which can sometimes help with issues like this. You won't lose any personal data. Follow the "Alternate Method" in this link, and make sure to select "wipe cache partition," NOT "wipe data/factory reset." When it's done, select "reboot system now," and see if the problem is better.

AlrightyThen

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response B. Diddy.

I removed the SD card and rebooted, but it's still glitching.

I don't have a spare battery so I will try that when I find one.

Clearing the system cache didn't solve it either :/

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a spare battery so I will try that when I find one.

Assuming it is a removable battery powering down the device and removing the battery for 10 minutes before replacing it and powering the device up again is also something you can try.
You don't have to wait for a spare battery for that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it to a Best Buy store and find or ask for the Samsung kiosk. Tell them what's happening and ask if they think a reflash might cure it. (You'll lose all your data so back everything up. And you'll probably have to pay something for the reflash, since it's out of warranty. If they agree to, ask how much it will be BEFORE they do it.)