Verizon S4 reply to all Issue

Stinyo

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My dad recently bought a Verizon S4 and has an issue with replying to all using the stock email app. When he does this, it send him a copy. On his Blackberry, this didn't happen. Is there a way to solve this problem without using a new email app? Is there a better email app that he can use?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the stock app, in Settings/Account settings, under the account, More settings, is an item, Always Cc/Bcc myself. It should be set to None.

I use the later version of the app, but it's about the same as far as reading and sending email. Some people prefer things like K9 or other email apps. It's really a personal preference if he has no special requirements like syncing to an Exchange server.

Stinyo

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
In the stock app, in Settings/Account settings, under the account, More settings, is an item, Always Cc/Bcc myself. It should be set to None.

I use the later version of the app, but it's about the same as far as reading and sending email. Some people prefer things like K9 or other email apps. It's really a personal preference if he has no special requirements like syncing to an Exchange server.

He already switched this and he still gets an email when he replies all and he is in the list. And I don't think that is what that setting is for. Is there a way to fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I misunderstood you. No, it's doing exactly what he's telling it to so - send his email to everyone in the To:, CC: and BCC: lists in the email he's responding to. I normally don't carry on email correspondence with more than one person per email (that's what chat and forums are for), but the few times I've done it, when I didn't want my replies in the inbox I've either just deleted the one sent to me, or I've deleted me from the list before responding. (It's easy to highlight your name and the comma with a mouse - on a phone I'd try to position the cursor at the end of his name, then backspace to get rid of himself in the list.)

But the program is doing exactly what the protocol calls for it to do. Even with Listserv and derivative email list servers you get a copy of your own emails. I don't think they're going to put a checkbox reading "Don't send an email to me even if I'm in one of the addressee lines" in any email program. Those of us who were sending emails since before the internet was called the internet are so used to that, that we'd probably start having fits..