Memory optimizer with alien and rocket?

Aleg8r

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
i just turned on my Asus transformer and i now have some stupid alien thing that is blue and has a yellow hat sticking out the side of my screen, that with u hold down on it brings a rocket up at the bottom of the screen. what is it and how do i get rid of it. please see image attached

i have scanned my pad , with AVG , avast and norton. nothing says any problems

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-31-17-03-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-17-03-49.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Memory optimizer with alien and rocket

Welcome to Android Central! It has to be related to an app that you installed. If it just started, you could try uninstalling your most recently installed apps and see if it goes away. Hopefully, someone else on the forums will recognize the icon.

Aleg8r

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

thanks , i have uninstalled the last thing i installed, it was xbox one smartglass but it is till there.

Aleg8r

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

dont think so , as the thing is only on the "desktop" and it does memory optimize when u put the alien thing into the rocket

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If you long-press it, do you get an uninstall option? That would bring you to the Application manager, so you could see which app it is.

If not, it's a widget or shortcut and long-pressing it should give you a Remove option. (Or it should give you a trash can on the top or bottom of the screen, depending on the launcher.)

Aleg8r

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

If you long-press it, do you get an uninstall option? That would bring you to the Application manager, so you could see which app it is.

If not, it's a widget or shortcut and long-pressing it should give you a Remove option. (Or it should give you a trash can on the top or bottom of the screen, depending on the launcher.)

if u hold the alien thing down he floats and you can move him onto the rocket no removal option at the top, i cannot find anything new in my app manager, or widget list that i do not know of before this thing appeared.

thanks for all your help so far, i hope someone can get it as i really do not want to have to reset my tab again.

Rinzler-Zero

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Hello my friend, I have your answer! I too was plagued with this uninvited visitor showing up on my screen and in my search I found your question. Annoyed the answer wasn't here I looked at my phone again until I solved it, then specifically made a membership here so I could spare you the same annoyance. It's not viral or spamware or some such. It's an uninvited feature of super task killer. It claimed in a recent update you could turn that feature off, but I haven't seen it. It simply does what super task killer normally does, but without having to go into the program. Sometimes the rocket smoke stays on my screen until I start another program...further annoying. Simply delete said app and the robot is banished not to his home planet...but to a slave planet where he will mine for the rest of his days in penance for showing up on our home screens. Have a nice day. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Then the solution is to remove Super Task Killer, because killing tasks is bad for Android phones. Whoever came up with idea thought that Android works like Windows. It doesn't. To see why, read Multitasking the Android Way | Android Developers Blog Killing tasks actually slows your phone down, it doesn't speed it up. When you're done with an app, press the back button to get back to the desktop ("homescreen"). That kills the foreground task while still leaving the background task in RAM - which is how Android should be run. Killing the task kills the background task also, which is a no-no if you want the smoothest operation from your phone. (Android actually does a force close on an app if it needs to get it out of RAM - which is thousands of times faster than killing the task. But if it needs the background task in RAM and you kill it, Android just wastes time reloading it. That's why sometimes you kill a task, don't run it again, but the next time you look it's still there.)

Rinzler-Zero

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Hey no apologies needed, I chose this name for the same love :). It's my psn name too heh. Been loving Tron since Moses was a boy. Can't wait for Tron 3 and with a better writer!

End of Line.

Kaden Ridgway

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I have it too just got rid of it. Hold him then put him in trashcan in top left corner

How do I get robot back

Last edited by a moderator:

LordSmacker

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

Has anybody been able to remove this thing for good ?

If you drag it to the "recycle bin" on the top left of the screen on your phone and choose "Remove the robot forever" to remove it ... It WILL re-appear after you restart your phone ... :-(

What the hell is this app/malware/bloatware ? Does somebody have a solution for removing this thing ???
it's not listed under Application Manager and I can't find it under the Widgets ...

Can you please help me getting rid of this bugger ...
it's really annoying and I've tried everything to get rid of it!

It's not listed under Application Manager and I can't see it under running processes ...

I googled it and found that this is the app, but it's in Chinese:
-unable to post links because I haven't posted 10x times on this forum ... but you can google this:
"Remove the robot forever" and change from chinese to english to see it's this bloody app, it's the first link on Google

Can you PLEASE help me get rid of this on my Samsung Galaxy S4 ... I'm a software engineer, but still I haven't found out how to remove this bloody "Robot" from my phone ... it always comes back if I **reboot** the phone, after selecting "Remove the robot forever"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! It was established earlier in this thread that the offending app is Super Task Killer--unless there's a copycat app out there.

vander_hp

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

This little alien and rocket showed up on my new LG3 this afternoon on my drive home from work.. I do not have Super Task Killer installed on my phone or any Task Killer. GPS Toolbox was the last app I downloaded so I uninstalled that app but the little robot is still there. Has anyone else had this problem with a different app? I can not remove it and it is there when I restarted my phone.

I have Lookout installed and did a scan but it found nothing. Please help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

LordSmacker

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I do not have the Super Task Killer installed ... I did try to install that, and it appeared under Application Manager ...
and was un-installable ... so no problem with that app, I was able to install that. But the blue guy with the yelllow hat and a rocket at the bottom of my screen did NOT go away by uninstalling this Super Task Killer ..

I do however, have ( and have had through the years! ) the NQ Android Booster app you mention on the bottom of the thread now B.Diddy ... do you think this is an update to that app ???
I don't believe so, that app would never install a malware/bloatware/crap like this along with their app ?

I see that "vander_hp" describes the same problem beneath my post ... "the little alien and a rocket" ... he got it yesterday.
- It's the exact same description ... he also get's it back after he restarts the phone! The exact same behaviour I'm describing.

I'm attaching a screenshot now of this damn thing ... if I drag the blue guy to the recycle bin on the top ...
it gives you the option to "kill him" ... I do that ... but soon as I restart my phone, it comes back!!!! below are the 3 screenshots step-by-step

Kind regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-21-08-53-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-08-53-47.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2014-08-21-08-58-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-08-58-34.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2014-08-21-08-58-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-08-58-39.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 5

LordSmacker

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

Huhhh, I can't believe this!

I uninstalled the NQ Android Booster and guess what ... the blue dude with the yellow hat is now GONE after restart ...
I'm VERY disapointed in NQ Android Booster to install this kind of **** bloatware along their product, which is by the way excellent and I've used it throughout the years!

But OK ... problem solved and I'll leave the NQ Android Booster for good because of this,
they even advertise it under "What's new" if you look up "NQ Android Booster" on Play Store ... ( I can't paste the link here, because I haven't posted 10x times on this forum ), they say:

What's New:
Rocket Man is back!

Kind regards and thanks for the help,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke