Any way to require a password even when downloading Free apps?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
When I go to the Play website I have to log in before I can do anything. However, from my phone or tablet I (or anyone else) can install as many free apps as they want with no password required. Is there any way to restrict this?

My kids are getting tablets but I don't want them to be able to install anything on their own, including free apps. I can't seem to find any way to make this happen.

Anyone know if it can be done?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Ah, something like that would probably work great. I'm also looking at the Kids Place app that can block a bunch of different things.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was going to suggest Kids Place as well, but wasn't sure how old your kids are. I use it for my 4 year old, and it works great.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think Kids Place would still be good. You can select the apps you want them to have access to, and you select the PIN that is required to exit out to the main launcher. So you can prevent them from accessing the web or the Play Store. And the backgrounds you choose can be fairly neutral--they don't have to look all kiddy.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My kids are getting tablets but I don't want them to be able to install anything on their own, including free apps. I can't seem to find any way to make this happen.

Anyone know if it can be done?

Lock the Play Store app with App Locker. Disable install third party apps in the Settings. You can't do much more than that. It is far from watertight. As long as the device has network access it can be messed with. For instance using the free app AndroidLost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol