gmail app sending blank emails

Larry Yu

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Every once in awhile, I'll tap out an email on my Nexus 7 using the gmail app, press send, and discover that gmail sent the email empty, without anything that I had just typed. It's usually a reply and the original email will be quoted, but nothing that I typed will be included. Anybody know what's going on?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Every once in awhile, I'll tap out an email on my Nexus 7 using the gmail app, press send, and discover that gmail sent the email empty, without anything that I had just typed. It's usually a reply and the original email will be quoted, but nothing that I typed will be included. Anybody know what's going on?
Welcome to the forums!

That sounds odd. I would first make sure you are in fact composing the email then hitting the send button - as stupid as it sounds there are many times when little issues like this end up being hitting the quote/reply button rather than send after entering text.

If still not fix then open the system settings > applications > Gmail > clear cache. Try sending an email again and see if that fixes the problem.

Scott Bilas

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you replying to or forwarding a blank email, perhaps from someone who just sent you an email with an attachment and didn't write anything in it? I'm seeing this myself.

It's very well-documented at this old post:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/qvSX7PoKSRk

The behavior Fraser is seeing happens identically for me, and I'm fully up to date with Gmail 4.7.2.

Edit: clearing the cache for the Gmail app didn't change the behavior.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463