What APP to contactless payments with your phone??

inuke

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Im looking for the app to use visa paywave, or if not then any other app or system that allows payments with your phone.

Is there any app or way to do it in the UK already?

Thanks

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Im looking for the app to use visa paywave, or if not then any other app or system that allows payments with your phone.

Don't think there is an app (= software) for that.
However there IS hardware for that: NFC, Near Field Communication. Built-in in most flagship phones.
In other words only in a minority of the phones out there. Plus the receiving end, like cash registers etc., need to be able to process it too.
So not enough enabled phones and not enough 'opposite' enabled receiving apparatus yet to make it a viable general payment system.

Is there any app or way to do it in the UK already?

There are live trials with NFC-based payment systems in some countries on the European continent going on, or about to start this year.
Don't know about the UK.

Last edited:

inuke

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
NFC, Near Field Communication. Built-in in most flagship phones.
In other words not in ALL phones out there (not by a looong shot). Plus the receiving end, like cash registers etc., need to be able to process it too.
So not enough enabled phones and not enough 'opposite' enabled receiving apparatus yet to make it a viable general payment system.

There are live trials with NFC-based payment systems in some countries on the European continent going on, or about to start this year.
Don't know about the UK.

My phone is an lg g2, I got NFC.

Just needed the app and/or system going already, I read visa was gonna put it out on december last year so was hoping it was already out by now (guess not)

This is super lame, wtf is it slowing down the process of having some app or system to work with already.. gz..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol