How do I save new contacts directy to my phone and not to a Google account?

rfe777

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone

I have an annoying problem with my Android device: Everytime I add a new contact it's randomly saved to one of my two Google accounts that are synched with my phone, but I want it to be saved directly(locally) to the phone. I've browsed through all the settings menus but couldn't find a solution.

Phone: HTC One(32GB),HTC Sense 5.5
Android: 4.4

Anybody knows?

TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some phones don't have a Phone Account option. When you enter a new contact, you should be able to select what account it will belong to. What accounts show up besides the Google accounts for you?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

rfe777

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Some phones don't have a Phone Account option. When you enter a new contact, you should be able to select what account it will belong to. What accounts show up besides the Google accounts for you?

What do you mean by phone account?
I want to save new contacts directly to my phone, just like with older phones. Sorry, I don't get you here...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Phone Account is how some phones can save contacts directly to the phone, and not associate it with a Google Account. That's what you're asking about, right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so when you enter a new contact, look for an option near the top of the screen that specifies which account the contact will go into. Tap it, and see if there is an option for "Phone Account" or something similar. If so, then select that, then finish entering the contact info, and that contact will be saved locally to the phone, and not to your Google account. See more details in this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-android-2014-part-iii-managing-contacts.html

I usually recommend, though, that people enter contacts into their Google account, because then it gets automatically synced and backed up. The Phone Account doesn't sync with Google, and usually doesn't sync or backup to anything (unless you use certain 3rd party apps).

rfe777

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so when you enter a new contact, look for an option near the top of the screen that specifies which account the contact will go into. Tap it, and see if there is an option for "Phone Account" or something similar. If so, then select that, then finish entering the contact info, and that contact will be saved locally to the phone, and not to your Google account. See more details in this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-android-2014-part-iii-managing-contacts.html

I usually recommend, though, that people enter contacts into their Google account, because then it gets automatically synced and backed up. The Phone Account doesn't sync with Google, and usually doesn't sync or backup to anything (unless you use certain 3rd party apps).
Thanks for finally clarifying that :D

Another problem is that Whatsapp won't show contacts that are on multiple accounts(phone and Google, or different Goggle accounts) which annoys me a lot(some of yes, some no). Hopefully, now that my contacts are only on my phone this problem will be fixed as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz