Two-way syncing between Yahoo Contacts and Android contacts. Is it possible?

terrabiped

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I installed the Yahoo Mail app on my new S4 and my contacts "synced" to the android contacts app. Or at least Yahoo calls it syncing. It seems more like a transfer to me. I can't edit the transferred contacts from my phone, and as I test, I updated a few contacts on the Yahoo mail website and those updates are not replicating to my phone.

Is there a way to enable true, ongoing, two-way syncing between Yahoo Mail contacts on the web and the contacts app on my phone? (To be clear, I want to be able to add, delete, or edit contacts in either place.)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Yahoo Mail app on my new S4 and my contacts "synced" to the android contacts app. Or at least Yahoo calls it syncing. It seems more like a transfer to me. I can't edit the transferred contacts from my phone, and as I test, I updated a few contacts on the Yahoo mail website and those updates are not replicating to my phone.

Is there a way to enable true, ongoing, two-way syncing between Yahoo Mail contacts on the web and the contacts app on my phone? (To be clear, I want to be able to add, delete, or edit contacts in either place.)

https://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/whygmail.html

Pe9298

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is Gekko's link to Gmail meant to be an answer to the question? Does Gmail do what is requested?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Android is designed to work with Google. You can read Yahoo email, but Android won't automatically sync Yahoo email addresses to the Google Contacts app. The link was meant to show why to switch to a gmail account (I think).

If you want to use oats to power your transportation, buying a car and making gasoline by fermenting the oats isn't as efficient as buying a horse.

Jeanne Felfe

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Android is designed to work with Google. You can read Yahoo email, but Android won't automatically sync Yahoo email addresses to the Google Contacts app. The link was meant to show why to switch to a gmail account (I think).

If you want to use oats to power your transportation, buying a car and making gasoline by fermenting the oats isn't as efficient as buying a horse.

Jeanne Felfe

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
It worked just fine on my s3... why not on s5. I'm even using native Samsung email app with my yahoo act as default. It doesn't bring in my contacts

tyrenta

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

And iOS is designed to work with iCloud, and windows mobile with msn or whatever they call it today, but they still open their API to other services. I lost my iPhone and decided to give android a shot. I'm coming around, especially thanks to fanboys like you two, that more open systems despite their similar ever present fan trolls, are preferable. At least I don't need to hand over my info along with that of everyone I know just to make a phone call.

If anyone knows an effective way to actually sync contacts with ones personal address book of choice there are several people that would like to know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc